THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CANADIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Canadian Hunting    Terrifying but heartwarming story of a hazard of Sheep hunting

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Terrifying but heartwarming story of a hazard of Sheep hunting
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?...LU&list=WL&index=128

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2021 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I met him last year at a local gun show, where he was selling his book, an amazing tale of survival, he still bears the scars. The incident happened about 60 miles from here in an area that is fairly remote, but at the end of a not well travelled oil company road. I know it well. It's also notorious for it's Grizzly population, some of which are relocated problem bears. He hiked probably 10 or 12 miles before he came to a back country resort, which finally got him medical attention

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1593 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
His description of the attack had my skin crawling with terror. I'm simply amazed he survived but in a sense I guess he had some luck as had that sow been determined to finish him it would easily have been curtains for sure. He must be one tough dude. I think most people enduring that degree of hiding would just want to curl up and die but he had the presence of mind to act for survival and I'm glad he prevailed. Would be really interesting to have a conversation with him.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2021 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The potential for a grizzly attack is something we have to be aware of here. The thing is, it isn't like you will have a bear interaction every time you are out, but the potential is always there. Since very attack is, to a certain extent, unique, it's pretty difficult to have a plan. I would as soon not have to deal with an attack. This is an example of a case where a pistol might have reduced the duration of the attack. Again, my preference is to not have to find out. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Glad he made it, like you said one tough dude. I carry my 45 Super in bear country, not because bear spray doesn't work, but because I practice with it, it's available and I'm comfortable with it.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4731 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote