THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CANADIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Canadian Hunting    Advice for '09 river float trip

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Advice for '09 river float trip
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My Brother in Law and I have been talking about taking his two sons (will be 11 & 13 yrs old) on a summer river float trip in '09. One will have just entered boy scouts and the oldest is already working towards his Eagle's Scout designation.

What we're looking for is a trip of 5 to 7 days with a guide where we'd raft or canoe and eat what fish we could catch while camping out each night.

We are looking for something sort of basic so the boys could actually apply some of the things they are learning thru scouts and hopefully keep their interest peaked enough to attain their Eagles designation. My BIL and I both feel this is a very important goal to attain for them and this seems like it would be a way to keep that interest alive. Note, the youngest one is just going thru the motions and the oldest is kind of tired of the 'meetings'.

I hope I'm kind of getting across what we're looking for and the type of guide that would be great for the boys. This would hopefully be and adventure where they could apply what they've learned and hopefully learn a lot more.

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bluefin, for sure Canada is my choice also but being its the boys first trip you may look at MINNESOTA LAKE OF THE WOODS. Northern Minnesota is beautiful and the fishing is great. You can canoe lakes and rivers and sleep on islands and they tell me the bugs arn't so bad then. And I read in a outdoor news letter where bookings are way down up there because of the high fuel prices. Good luck Bill