New
Find
Notify
Tools

Newfoundland caribou
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've been wanting to collect a woodland cariboo for a while now and am interested in big brook trout as well. My son wants to tour Newfoundland as well. Does anybody have any thoughts on this or advice?

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try contacting Barb Genge at Tuckamore Lodge, Main Brook Nfld. Has a web site. Been there three times. Great place.

Posts: 282 | Location: Mid-Hudson Valley, NY | Registered: 26 July 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Mike I am going this year for the first time so I can't give you first hand info. The guys that have gone to the camp we are going to have been very happy even if they came home empty (very few did) Sounds like good fishing as well as bird, duck and varmint hunting as well. Three of us are going and out of the same camp we are hunting differnt combos (bear, moose and caribou) I would call Mark Audino at Henley and Delamere Adventuring. I know a lot of guys that use him and all are very happy.
you can get him at maudino1@rochester.rr.com

Posts: 38 | Location: Canadice, NY | Registered: 05 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike I hunted with Owls Nest and if you can walk you should see 40 or more animals per day. I drove from Ohio and the ferry was a trip to remenber. Plus the people are super nice .Bill

one of us
posted Hide Post
I recommend AVOIDING Dave Thoms. He was working out of Bishop Falls.

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
contact RON HICKS at snowshoe lake hunting and fishing. been there 3 times and am going back this september. that should tell you something.

snowshoe@nf.sympatico.ca

Tell Ron that Don Hertz sent you.

Posts: 510 | Location: pa | Registered: 07 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 113 | Location: London, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 18 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Joe Peddle...Top notch all the way.
Jeff

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info guys. I'm getting more excited about the trip than ever!

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote