Notify
Tools

Berger Bullets
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of PeterPan
posted
Hello fellow Canadians,
anyone knows where I can get Berger Bullets in Ontario or Canada?
We can't get it ship from USA due to 9/11 laws so maybe somwhere in Canada?

Peter

Posts: 202 | Location: Bolton | Registered: 21 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try Bashaw sports here in Alberta, Peter. I think I saw some there the last time I was in. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PeterPan
posted Hide Post
Dan do you have their phone number?

Thanks

Peter

posted Hide Post
Peter, their number is 1-780-372-4440

Website is http://www.bashawsports.com/

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello Peter,

I don't know if you'll be interested in this, but I'll toss it out there for what it's worth. I shoot 4 different .224 varmint rifles, and tried several hundred Berger 52gr.HP bullets a couple of years ago. I found them accurate enough, but no more so than the Sierra 52gr HPBT or the Nosler 50 and 55gr. Bal. Tips. I discontinued using them because the others mentioned were much less expensive. I have a couple hundred Bergers in .17, the 25gr HPs, but haven't been able to use them yet, so I'll make no comment.
Just meant as a litle info for you. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PeterPan
posted Hide Post
Cal,
if Berger bullets mean improvement of .125" against Sierra I take it. I am getting into benchrest and for now I just enjoy shooting FClass, but eventually would like to move to LV/HV class.
Berger is good, but I have never try it.

Peter

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello Peter,

I've heard from benchrest shooters that custom bullets are wasted in factory chambers. How true that is I personally don't know, but doubt that you'll see a .125 improvement with Bergers. In some of your rifles you might. It never worked out for me that way, at least not consistantly. If you like them the confidence alone may make a difference. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It all depends on how well your rifle shoots wether it will make a difference. If your rifle shoots 1.500" groups and you reduce it by switching bullets to 1.400" then its hardly worth it. If you have a gun that shoots .230" groups and switching bullets will further reduce your group .100" down to .130" groups then there is a humungous vast difference. A .230" group is ho-hum in benchrest but a .130" group could put you in the money. Where competitions are won or lost by a thousands of an inch anything that improves your shooting is priceless.

Posts: 372 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 13 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
FWIW I shoot about 5000 bullets from various .22 centerfires/yr. The most accurate bullets I've shot are made by Richard Graves at Wildcat bullets in Alberta. I've used them in .220 Swift imp.,22 Cheetah,22/243, and several .223's. In the .220 Swift with 30" McGowan barrel they grouped .207 at 100yd and 3/4" at 250yd.This is from a mauser action with a timney sportsman trigger. Nice fellow to talk with and a great product.Mark

Posts: 109 | Location: Sask.Ca | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How about a contact number Mark? - Dan

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry I should have done this before. Richard Graves Wildcat Bullets 780 352 8592 . He's your neighbor, Dan, Richard lives near Wetaskiwin.

Posts: 109 | Location: Sask.Ca | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark, I'll give him a call next week. - Dan