THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CANADIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Canadian Hunting    Any hunters from the Montreal area?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any hunters from the Montreal area?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi guys,

I just relocated to Montreal,QC and I was wondering how many members are from the Montreal area.
I will most likely have some questions about the hunting and fishing around here.
I would also be interested in hooking up with someone in this area to do some bird hunting or shooting.
I know that I have to be here 183 days before I become a resident but I should be able to hunt water foul.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Daryl

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Shootaway is from Montreal. Not sure if there are others??

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Big D.Welcome to AR!

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm from Montreal, but I just moved to Palo Alto California Smiler

I'd be happy to share some honey holes since it will be a while before I can get back to the area to hunt.

I'll be looking forward to some great Blacktail and bear hunting... plus some quail, wild boar and awesome fishing Smiler!

Canuck, I'll send you my new contact info! BTW, I'll be hunting Alberta again this fall !!

posted Hide Post
Hi guys,
Thanks for the replies. I remember you. I have been a member on accurate since 98 or 99.(different name-Yukoner) I have been away for a couple of years, it has been busy to say the least.
I don't plan on doing alot of hunting in
Quebec. I wouldn't mind getting out once in a while though. I plan on spending my extra time in Sask and the Yukon.
Any spots you could recomend CanadianLefty would be great. I don't have any Idea about this place.

Daryl

one of us
posted Hide Post
Big D,duck and goose hunting is very popular around here.I gave up small game hunting nearly 20 years ago because it was very difficult to find a place within an hours drive to hunt.A couple of friends of mine own land that they hunt on or has access to places to hunt waterfowl.I wish they would invite me sometime to hunt but if they did I would probably be too tired or busy.Some tell me they shoot hundreds of geese every season.On opening day,I could here the gunshots early in the morning,from the river,while at work.I am happy with caribou hunting.I like buff hunting better but it is far more expensive.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Daryl,

As general best practise, apply for the draw hunts for moose in the Matane and Chic Choc wildlife reserves. Expensive, but if you are selective, you can get a 50"+ Bull Moose in the 4-6 days of hard hunting. Need to apply with a goup of hunters.

Black bears are also available and an excellent deal in the Chic Chocs. Huge and numerous.

DIY, any northern areas around the national parks have tons of bear and you can bait them. 2 hrs drive from Montreal north east or north west gets you into good bear country. For a farther adventure try DIY combo for Moose and Bear between Val D'Or and Matagami in Sept-Oct.

For deer, you can hunt them on private property within 45 min. of montreal with 100% success- if you do some scouting and preparation. We had an explosion of deer in the last decade.

Shoot me a P.M. if you'd like more details.

Apply for the limited draws for Caribou in 22A. If the caribou are there, the success is 100% on good bulls, many of which still have antlers on until end of November.

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
DarylD....nice to see you are still around! Wasn't expecting to see you pop up in MTL though. Smiler

CL...I thought you ended up in Africa? You do get around regardless.

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote