Find
Notify
Tools

Barnes bullets
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of kk
posted
I was talking to the PR guy for Barnes last week about the new Triple-Shock bullets and some other things, and found out from him that Barnes has difficulty getting products into Canada. He says they are available, but only sporadically. I would appreciate any tips on who carries them and what.

Secondly, I am having Barnes ship some boxes of bullets to an address in the States, and I intend to bring them across myself in May.

Is there a problem with this? It's my understanding that since they are components and not ammunition I can bring them across and just declare the value.

Anybody got experience?

kk

Posts: 1224 | Location: Southern Ontario, Canada | Registered: 14 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think wholesale sports and Russels sell Barnes triple shock bullets. I have had no luck what so ever getting anything that bolts on or is directly related to guns shipped across the border. The companies in the states will not ship scopes or any reloading components to Canada. If you figure out a way let us know on the forum.

Posts: 48 | Location: Yukon | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Cariboo
posted Hide Post
Quote:

The companies in the states will not ship scopes or any reloading components to Canada.

The Americans have become so screwed up over what they can export and what they can't that it makes our government look like the intelligent ones for a change! LoL

They can export scopes as long as they do not have mil-dot reticules. The same model with cross-hairs is just fine. One of the guys on another forum was allowed to export gunpowder but they wouldn't let him bring back gas checks for cast bullets! (It seems we beat them in the war of 1812 using the same firearms issued to our forces today. Maybe if they supply us with gas checks they think we Canucks will one day rule the world! LoL )

Posts: 277 | Location: McLeese Lake, B. C. Canada | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All of this is why I order so much from Huntington's. .....They know how to ship, and what can be shipped ........most just depends upon quantity and value, and your willingness to accept several boxes instead of one, each valued under $100 to keep everyone happy! .....Of course, this means an extra $5 per box at the post office!
~Arctic~

Posts: 277 | Location: Yellowknife, NWT, Canada | Registered: 13 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Same here...Barnes sent a box of triple shocks for me to a friend in Montana, where they are now awwiting better times...They wouldn't ship into Canada.

"A friend of mine" took two boxes of regular Barnes-X's across the border going North, without mentioning it to the border guards, all unintentionally of course, no criminal intentions, just plain forgot about them...would that have been ILLEGAL?

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Cariboo
posted Hide Post
Quote:

"A friend of mine" took two boxes of regular Barnes-X's across the border going North, without mentioning it to the border guards, all unintentionally of course, no criminal intentions, just plain forgot about them...would that have been ILLEGAL?

Frans

Not really as it is not Canada that is restricting the import but rather the Americans who are attempting to cut off the supply of military supplies to terrorist groups outside the US. Your friend may have been "guilty" of not declaring items being imported but the bullets themself fine as far as Canada Customs is concerned.

Posts: 277 | Location: McLeese Lake, B. C. Canada | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is weird, I have had two mk4 mill dot leupolds delivered to me from the states with no problem at all. I even ordered them from the internet and was here in 10 days.
Both Russells and whole sale do have the triple shock bullets

Posts: 182 | Location: Okotoks, Alberta | Registered: 23 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of kk
posted Hide Post
I had been looking in the Wholesale Sports 2003 hunting catalog and didn't see them. However, when I looked on the website, there they were. Good prices, too.

Now, however, I have eight boxes of bullets waiting for me in Kansas City.

I'll just tell customs that I'm bringing them in. They'll tell me the duty. The Barnes' can't be illegal because Wholesale is selling them. That was the main question.

Thanks for the help.

kk

Posts: 1224 | Location: Southern Ontario, Canada | Registered: 14 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
It's not that Barnes bullets are illegal to own or import into Canada.

The problem is that it may be illegal to export them from the USA under American laws. If it goes over about $100, they want an export permit.

The American export laws are really fucked up.

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of kk
posted Hide Post
Quote:

The problem is that it may be illegal to export them from the USA under American laws. If it goes over about $100, they want an export permit.

I imagine you're right, but in the construction, "The [country] [category] laws are really fucked up," what country and category would not apply?

kk

one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Quote:

I imagine you're right, but in the construction, "The [country] [category] laws are really fucked up," what country and category would not apply?

kk

Go to the politics forum if you want to start shit KK. That is what it is there for.

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote