New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ordering from the US.....
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Can anyone tell me what kind of luck they've had ordering accessories from the states?

I've got a triggerguard/floorplate coming, and I'm wanting to order a Hogue Overmold stock from Cabela's.

I've tried every place in Canada that I could think of for the Hogue stock but nobody seems to have one.

Can anyone tell me if they've had any grief with customs getting barrels, stocks, triggers or bolts etc. into Canada?

Thanks,

GordM

Posts: 76 | Location: Calgary, AB | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I may have been lucky, but i've never had a problem with anything I've ordered. I hear bad things about the US side shipping out, because of their home security act. Some gun parts shouldn't go, some companies will ship anyway, some won't. And there are different interpretations of what can go and what can't. The only stocks i've heard any problems with were the McMillan sniper stuff, probably because the US military uses them. Scopes with mildots, etc, are also on the list. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
Canada Customs is no problem unless you are bringing in "questionable" items, such as high capacity magazines. If you are bringing in a high cap mag kit, it is advisable to have them broken down and shipped in different packages so Customs can't assemble them (because they will, and they will seize them)

Mostly, CC just wants it's cut of rip off taxes. Some US companies will ship to Canada, some not, because of the USA's screwy export laws.

Hogue rifle stocks are availabel at Wholesale Sports in Calgary if I'm not mistaken...Wholesale also has B&C Carbelite stocks.

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
These are laws left over from Clinton, nothing to do with the current state of affairs. Brownells will ship gun parts to a max of $100us without an export permit, no problem on this side of the line as long as not controlled like actions.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I tried to order from Cabela's and Midway but they won't ship to Canada. I don't know if Brownells will ship but I'd rather not go that route as they're $40.00 more expensive.

This US anti-terrorism BS is gone too far!

Anybody have any idea how to get a Hogue Overmold stock for an M98 ?

GordM

Checkout P&D Enterprises in Edmonton. They have a few Hogue Overmolded stocks, not sure if they have a '98.

Posts: 588 | Location: Sherwood Park,Alberta,Canada | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I recently got my order from Sinclair. If you're geting bullets, primers, powder or loaded ammo you'll need a U.S. State Dept. Import/Export license. The shipper can send you the blank forms. You fill it out listing the shipper and address as well as a detailed list of what you're ordering. You send it to Ottawa to get it stamped. When it's returned you send it to the shipper who'll send it on to the U.S. State Department. The company you're ordering from will pay the U.S. fee, and ship you your order. You re-imburse him or he'll add the cost of the license to your shipment. Either way it's an extra 30 or 40 dollars. I forget which. From the time of your initial order to your getting the goods takes about 3 months, and believe me it isn't worth the wait. If you live fairly close to the border it's better to make the trip and stock up while there. You'll have no problem getting the stuff into Canada as long as you have your Canadian Firearms license.
There are a couple of Canadian companies you can order from and save the hassle. You might try Wholesale Sports in Calgary and Edmonton or Russell Sports, or Ellwood Epps in Ontario. At least it won't take 3 months. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of John Y Cannuck
posted Hide Post
I have ordered stuff from Numrich, with no hassles, but there is some stuff they can't, or won't ship out of the country to an individual.

Posts: 872 | Location: Lindsay Ontario Canada | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote