THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CANADIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Canadian Hunting    Instagram's 'Mr. Adventure' accused of illegally killing bears in Yukon

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Instagram's 'Mr. Adventure' accused of illegally killing bears in Yukon
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada...ukon-bears-1.7035889

Instagram's 'Mr. Adventure' accused of illegally killing bears in Yukon

Tristan James Hamm accused of providing misleading information to obtain a Yukon resident hunting licence

Cheryl Kawaja · CBC News · Posted: Nov 22, 2023 9:40 AM CST | Last Updated: 3 hours ago

Tristan James Hamm, 32, goes by "Mr. Adventure" on Instagram, describing himself as an outdoor connoisseur, adventure athlete and an entrepreneur. Hamm is accused of illegally killing two Yukon black bears and a grizzly. (Instagram)

An outdoor social media influencer with millions of followers is accused of lying to obtain a Yukon hunting licence, going on a hunting spree and illegally killing several bears over a single week, according to court documents.

Tristan James Hamm, 32, who goes by "Mr. Adventure" on Instagram, describes himself as an outdoor connoisseur, animal lover, adventure athlete and entrepreneur.

Hamm has over two million followers on Instagram, with photos of him rock climbing, hiking, boxing and riding horseback, though his account became private Wednesday morning.

He's now facing 19 charges including both territorial and federal offences, accused of killing two Yukon black bears and a grizzly.

Court documents allege Hamm provided false or misleading information to obtain a Yukon resident hunting licence. He's charged with illegally killing a black bear on Bove Island, not far from Carcross on May 17. Hamm is accused of killing a black bear later that month on May 19, at Dry Creek, in western Yukon. Then on May 21, court documents say he killed a grizzly bear near Kluane Lake.

Hamm is accused of illegally killing a black bear on Bove Island on May 17, killing a black bear on May 19, at Dry Creek, then on May 21, court documents say he killed a grizzly bear near Kluane Lake. (CBC News)
Hamm is also facing charges related to exporting remains of two black bears and a grizzly outside the country this past summer.

All 19 of the charges have not been proven in court. Hamm is not in custody and the case will come before the Yukon territorial court in January.

CBC reached out to Hamm for comment but did not hear back. CBC also asked Hamm's lawyer if the accused is in Whitehorse and the lawyer said he is not at liberty to say.

Hearing about the charges, wildlife advocate Sue Greetham told CBC she's outraged.

"I just have a sinking feeling in my stomach, my heart just about breaks and I get goosebumps all over me, it's just the saddest thing," she said.

Greetham is the president of Grizzly Bear Protection Yukon, an advocacy group calling for more protection of bears. She says she opposes trophy hunting and hopes for stronger regulation around legal hunting.

As for illegal hunting, Greetham says anyone found guilty of illegal hunting should be made an example — a warning to others.

"I want it to be a significant message sent. I think the fines should be raised, I think there should be jail terms for such egregious criminal activity regarding wildlife, I just don't understand it."

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9370 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hearing about the charges, wildlife advocate Sue Greetham told CBC she's outraged.

Makes one wonder.

Posts: 19390 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Greetham is the president of Grizzly Bear Protection Yukon, an advocacy group calling for more protection of bears. She says she opposes trophy hunting and hopes for stronger regulation around legal hunting.

Oh boy Roll Eyes

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yes they are here too ...

Posts: 1737 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
You know, the bears have been misunderstood and so have the antis…they are after hunters blood period

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's hoping she gets eaten by a bear. What an utter lack of understanding these asshats have.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Posts: 248 | Location: US of A | Registered: 03 April 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hope he did not move bear parts under cites in usa that will make again a great lacey act issue ...

Posts: 1737 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:

Makes one wonder.

Yes forsure never trust CBC or a leftist liberal - democrats

Posts: 482 | Location: British Columbia Canada  | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjr:
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:

Makes one wonder.

Yes forsure never trust CBC or a leftist liberal - democrats

Sounds like they'll be begging for more of our money again, time to defund them.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1593 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
even with getting more money they re trying to fire some of them ... what an epic battle will it be to be seen from the outside ... vegan eating vegan ...