Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta PX4 Storm
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gents,

Anyone here own a PX4? If so, what caliber.
I'm going to buy one, and wondering what difference the 40S&W and 45ACP would be like.

Thanks,

Roger QSL

Posts: 4428 | Location: Queen Creek , Az. | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't shoot the Berreta, but I sell a bunch, all nines, because that is all we carry in the Storm. We sell a lot of other calibers in other brands and models.
The big question is what are you going to use it for? Each caliber has a different niche. It is a matter of use, shooting comfort and fit, and in some cases cost(that goes up about $2 a box with each caliber step). If you are comfortable shooting these kinds of guns, it would be a good idea to handle all three. One may feel better in your hand than another. Then it comes to matching the caliber to your expectations. If you want to stomp stuff, you won't be happy with a nine. If you don't like recoil, you might want a nine. Forty is the compromise.

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I want one in .45 but no one locally has gotten one in yet.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gents,

I finally bought one. Took over a month before it came into Sportsmans Warehouse.

They had a 5 person wish list for them.

Tried two other gun shops, and same story. Waiting for their suppliers to get them in.

It's in 40 S&W and seems to be very well put together.

Will be breaking it in this week, I hope. Let you know how it goes.

Roger QSL

Posts: 4428 | Location: Queen Creek , Az. | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cool! Let us know! Have you seen any in .45 yet. We have had several .40's and 9's come through here, but no .45's.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You will not find any performance difference between the 40 and 45.I've had a 40 for about 15 years now and find it to be excellent . It has become a standard for LE and it's record is excellent .It is said it's hard to find a bad loading [ except for the reduced recoil types].The PX4 has had very good reports.