THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    Hk USP Elite or Expert 45 with 45 Super ammo?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hk USP Elite or Expert 45 with 45 Super ammo?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted
Has anyone tried shooting the powerful 45 Super ammo in either one of these?Do these two share the same length springs?(the Elite has 6" slide,the Expert 5")I am considering getting one and replaceing stock springs with Wolff heavier 22pd ones..Advice is appreciated!

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
You might get an answer on the boards at www.hkpro.com if you do not get one here.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Thankyou!

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MLC
posted Hide Post
When I asked several years ago folks general consensus was to go for it.
All the USP's are rated for +P+ ammo and 45 Super apparently runs within that pressure range.
I ran several boxes of 185 FP FMJ Triton, marked for Naval Surface Warfare/MK23 and also the 230 grain HP and 165 Quick-Shok. All were loud as all get out and recoil was brisk.
Accuracy wasn't great out of my USP Tactical.

Posts: 233 | Location: Solebury, PA | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yes, i have run them through a couple different HKs without a problem. Shoots fine, just a little adjustment going from regular ACP - for the shooter that is.