New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P220 .45 Super Match......
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
......is, by FAR, the most accurate .45 you can buy for under a grand. Usually they shoot as well as guns costing at least twice as much.

CDNN has them on sale for $999.99. I've already "stocked up" on a couple of them and, being in Texas, the $82 sales tax I would have to pay, stops me from buying more from CDNN, but that is a fine price.

There is a seller on GB that starts them NIB, for $949.99, but since I've never done business with him, I am not going to mention his name. I just bt. one from him, not hard to find if you search GB.

Again, this is a helluva lot of pistol, accuracy wise, for the money and Sig is no longer making this model, so when the NIBs are gone they will be GONE. Highly recommended.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The US produced SIG SAUER Bbls compared to the W.German Bbls leave ALOT to be desired.

Keep'em in the X ring,
DAN

www.accu-tig.com

Posts: 429 | Location: Fairbanks,AK. | Registered: 30 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Everyone has their opinion. My opinion is that you cannot buy an off the shelf American Made pistol for under $1500 that will group anywhere close to a Super Match, which typically shoot 1 1/2 inch or less 25 meter groups.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
A club member bought one of these ($1200 locally). He's a "SIG guy". He shoots itvery well. I'm going to try it the next time he brings it.

Typically any bullseye pistols downfall is the trigger. That is where the 1911 shines.

Posts: 6481 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Sig's triggers, like most, take some getting used to, but the Super Match is SAO which helps, and the triggers are pretty easy to work on yourself if you're reasonably handy around triggers. They also usually get better with use, dry firing seems to help wear them in. I will admit that Sig triggers are not the equivalent of a GOOD 1911 trigger, but we're (at least I'm not) talking a real Bullseye gun out of the box. Of course, there are NO real bullseye guns anywhere near this price range.

I'm not trying to get someone to buy Sigs, "frankly, madam, I don't give a damn." I just thought I'd mention a helluva good sale on a fine pistol if anyone has been thinking "Sig".

xxxxxxxxxx