THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    anybody like long barreled S&W revolvers

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

anybody like long barreled S&W revolvers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
always had this thing for long barreled smiths, so i seem to have accumulated some of them over the years. plus maybe a mod 34 or 2

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very Nice.

I like them too.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of mastoid007
posted Hide Post
Like the look and the feel of a S&W and you have a very nice collection of S&W.

Posts: 12 | Location: nova scotia | Registered: 30 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2I dont think anything looks better than a long barreled N frame with factory grips,,,wish my .38/44 had a long barrel,,but it's 4" makes it handy on the hip

NEVER THE LEAST DEGREE OF LIBERTY IN EXCHANGE FOR THE GREATEST DEGREE OF SECURITY

Posts: 141 | Location: LOUISIANA,,for now. | Registered: 08 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
On my last post the photo of my 29 was deleted.
Try again....

I am presently sighting it in using the adjustable front sight feature. Hope it works when I reach out there. For grips, I prefer Hogues.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like shooting long barrel revolvers but I don't like to carry them.

Posts: 19576 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you by chance don't have a Model 48 or 648 in 8 3/8 for sale?

Posts: 17552 | Location: Eastern Washington | Registered: 23 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
not for sale anyway

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At a gun show this past weekend I noticed three or four 8 3/8" K22s for sale, with asking prices noticeably higher than 6" models in similar condition.

Probably it is a matter of supply and demand. The long barreled models weren't as handy to carry so never sold as well. Now there are fewer of them available to collectors or for those who just like the longer barrel.

Enthusiasts such as butchloc had the good sense to pick up these nice revolvers when they were more readily available. They get to enjoy the style they like, and as a bonus will likely find their revolvers continuing to increase in value faster than the shorter barreled models.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I only have a couple left. I still own a NIB 57 Nickel 8-3/8" and a 99% 8-3/8" Model 16. I had a match to the 57 no dash in blue but sold it earlier this year.

Also had a NIB 657 rollmarked Classic Hunter that I am kicking myself for selling... your photo with the two unfluted cylinder Smiths just reminded me!

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A friend I shoot with just got the long snouted Smith 500 Bone Collector. What a gun,just not my cup of tea.

Posts: 2668 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote