Find
Notify
Tools

new S&W model 637 2.5" .38
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted
I'm going to be buying one of the new S&W model 637's in .38 special with the 2.5" barrel instead of the original 1-7/8".....reason being, it has a removable front sight. I'll be carrying this pistol and I would like to replace the front sight with a tritium night sight. Does anyone know who makes one specifically for this model (or one that will fit this model)? Trijicon? Meprolight? Novak?

Thanks

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Actually.....I think I have decided to just go with the M&P 360 in .357 magnum, which already has a tritium night sight.

Posts: 3106 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is hard to beat one of the 5 shot S&W revolvers for ease of carry and reliability.

If I was starting over I would definately get one in 357 Mag, just to add more ammo choices, even if I thought I would carry 38's in it.

I like the Bodyguard style best, shrouded hammer, but you can still thumb cock it.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the main reason I'm switching to a revolver is reliability. I know 100% when I pull the trigger that it's going to bark. Not to mention the M&P 360 only weighs 13 ounces. More than likely I will still carry 38 +P loads instead of 357's.....but I always have the option to switch if I want.