New
Find
Notify
Tools

Korth Revolver
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any own a Korth Revolver ? Thinking of getting one.

Thanks,

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
I remember reading about the Korth some time back in the late 70s maybe early 80s. It's supposed to be one heck of a piece of machinery and sets a whole new standard for expensive.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arkypete:
I remember reading about the Korth some time back in the late 70s maybe early 80s. It's supposed to be one heck of a piece of machinery and sets a whole new standard for expensive.

Jim

Yep never could justify the expense my self to many good S@W Rugers and Colts out there.

Posts: 19415 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've never owned one, but I considered it years ago. After careful analysis, I could not see they had any real advantages over GOOD Smiths or Colts, and, at their cost, even back then, you could go thru several Smiths or Colts before you'd pay the cost of a Korth.

Like many Euro items, they seem to be more expensive than their quality would indicate. Not that they are not high quality, but THAT HIGH???
Similar example is the Sig 210, a very fine pistol, but unless you plan on shooting tens of thousands of rounds thru one, you can buy 5 Glocks in the general area that one 210 costs.

OTOH, people buy Rolls Royces, Patek Phillipes, everyday that cost more and don't function any better than many similar items that cost orders of magnitude less. If someone wants one and can afford it, go for it. (And let me shoot it, or at least give me an accuracy report) Wink

If you haven't read it, here is a fairly exhaustive history of Korth.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like most things German, over-engineered and over-priced. Much rather have a Colt Python. Shame they have gotten so expensive.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When compared to where a used/collector colt python I don't think Korth is that expensive. plus you can shoot a Korth - a colt would loose value with use.

A smith and wesson performance center might be a much better value.

But a Korth might be something unique.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
I own a "good" 6" Python made in the 70's. I thought it was the top revolver in the world until I had the chance to shoot a Korth. Wether it's overpriced or not is arguable but it really is a class in itself.

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
When compared to where a used/collector colt python I don't think Korth is that expensive. plus you can shoot a Korth - a colt would loose value with use.

A smith and wesson performance center might be a much better value.

But a Korth might be something unique.

Mike

Mike:

You have "flung a craving on me" to use Jerry Clower's words. If you have a line on a Korth at a decent price and elect not to buy it, I'd appreciate a PM with the info.

I just snagged 2 MR73s today at a good price, but they aren't anything like a Korth.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
No doubt, the Manurhin MR 73 is a match for the Python (even be a mite better finished) but still a step below the Korth.

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Korth also made contract service revolvers, and they tend to get dragged up into the price range commanded by their best handguns.

Posts: 20106 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, until Korth makes a revolver that hold 12 rounds, I think you should pass :-)

Posts: 20106 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That Korth Sky Marshall is ugly enough to love.

Posts: 1287 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote