Find
Notify
Tools

NEW GUN MANUFACTURER
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
http://metroarms.net/about_us

Ed Minshew was one of the original designers/engineers for STI. He was actually one of the main architects of the first STI 2011 Hi Cap unit. He was with STI for 20+ years when Virgil Tripp was involved.

Ed is now the VP of Operations for Metro Arms which makes the Firestorm, MAC2011 and Thunderbolt and he was also very heavily involved with the design, programming, manufacturing and QC of these pistols.
Ed was let go by STI because Skinner's son graduated from college and took his position.

Davidsons is the distributor, they have a life time guarantee,

I rank them on a par with STI.

Roger, Ed and Erwin at
http://www.spa-shootersdepot.com/
has a good price on them.

Posts: 56912 | Location: GUNSHINE STATE | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very interesting. These were supposedly shown at the 2008 Shot Show and I am just hearing about them? What do these things cost? The link to spa-shootersdepot doesn't even list them! Looks like some of them are based on an STI frame, so I assume they are not cheap. BTW the manufacturer is listed as MetroArms of the Philippines.
Any personal experience with the high cap 40's?
BTW, Davidson's does not list a manufacturer called Metro Arms!
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
wonder what there prices are like?

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lloyd, try the links in this thread:

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=298686

Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by COOL:

Ed Minshew was one of the original designers/engineers for STI. He was actually one of the main architects of the first STI 2011 Hi Cap unit. He was with STI for 20+ years when Virgil Tripp was involved.

Ed is now the VP of Operations for Metro Arms which makes the Firestorm, MAC2011 and Thunderbolt and he was also very heavily involved with the design, programming, manufacturing and QC of these pistols.
Ed was let go by STI because Skinner's son graduated from college and took his position.

I just love it when I'm reading along and have to stop to scratch my head, thinking Skinner's son?, hell I don't remember any previous mention of Skinner. Who wrote this bilgewater crap? Is this Skinner dude supposed to be common knowledge?

BTW, I put the hell in just for our resident hypocrite from JAX.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onefunzr2:
quote:
Originally posted by COOL:

I just love it when I'm reading along and have to stop to scratch my head, thinking Skinner's son?, hell I don't remember any previous mention of Skinner. Who wrote this bilgewater crap? Is this Skinner dude supposed to be common knowledge?

BTW, I put the hell in just for our resident hypocrite from JAX.

Skinner is the owner of STI.

Posts: 56912 | Location: GUNSHINE STATE | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lloyd Smale:
wonder what there prices are like?

CHEAP!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Very interesting. These were supposedly shown at the 2008 Shot Show and I am just hearing about them? What do these things cost? The link to spa-shootersdepot doesn't even list them! Looks like some of them are based on an STI frame, so I assume they are not cheap. BTW the manufacturer is listed as MetroArms of the Philippines.
Any personal experience with the high cap 40's?
BTW, Davidson's does not list a manufacturer called Metro Arms!
Peter

CALL for prices. The guns are cheap in price not quality.

one of us
posted Hide Post
So are you saying that Davidson's does carry them, just doesn't put them on their website?
Peter.