Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Many Rounds?
 Login/Join

posted
As a curious point, how many rounds have you shot thru any particular gun without a rebuild? I have a couple of Colts, one early 50's commercial that I've shot over 125K thru with only a broken firing pin and a couple of recoil spring replacements, and another, Colt 70 with over 75K rounds and nothing done to it. Both were originally accurized by Ray Corn in CA in the early 80's. I used them for master class competition and would not hesitate to take either one to combat.
Magazines are a different story...!
Cheers
Flyinrock - US Distinguished Pistol and Presidents 100 Pistol

Posts: 13 | Location: Gulf Coast | Registered: 21 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Can we assume you are a reloader?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Or military! They get stuff free!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i believe that my old 41 S&S has had something like 8-900,000 thru it without anything being touched

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Is that a 41 S&S or a S&W? Thats a lot of ammo thru ANY gun! Must do some competition shooting no?
For the other poster, yes I couldn't afford to shoot that much without reloading. Used a couple of C-H MK4 for years. Now have a Dillon 650XL with all the whistles and bells. Began my shooting as a kid with my father who was USMC and later was with several USMC rifle/pistol teams. Taught my X to shoot and she ended up setting several national records, was US Intl Champ and member of the US In't team. Also holds the Intl Distinguished badge and has 4 legs on the conventional DX badge.

Posts: 13 | Location: Gulf Coast | Registered: 21 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
probably the most shot gun i have is my gold cup throhy and its got well over a 100000 through it with nothing but spring replacements and extractor ajustments.

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
About 80K through a 1975 vintage M29-2.
I have a 1913 production 1911, I have shot about 25K through it since buying it in 1978. Who knows how many before that. FWIW, I got it with the original magazine, loaded with 7 rnds of 1918 stamped ammo, plus a sock full of loose rounds. The guy who had it, gave me another magazine. Told me his grandfather carried it in WWI and that he never unloaded the original magazine once he arrived home in early 1918. He always used the extra magazine and kept the original loaded....the grandson didn't know why.
So, the original had been loaded for 60 years when I got it. Took the original rounds out, loaded it with military ball ammo, and the gun ran through 50 rds, using the original mag, without so much as a hiccup.

Posts: 1664 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've shot about 30,000 thru my STI 1911 Trojan.
From the posts above it appears I better get to the range more often Big Grin

Posts: 56912 | Location: GUNSHINE STATE | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote