Find
Notify
Tools

Blackhawk sight
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted
I have a blackhawk that I picked up with no front sight and bought the only one I could locate and made it fit. I knew it was to tall and planned to file it down. I shot it today and @20 yards it's 7" low, with out sitting in the snow with a file I could work it down a bit in my house and fine tune it on a nicer day. Just need an approx night.
The pistol is a stainless. 357 with the 4 5/8s barrel.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Well I ground down the front to .370 and gives me leeway both directions for different bullet weights but I'm still curious about what the factory height is actually sure to be.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My NM Blackhawk in 41 Mag usually shot too high especially with cast bullets 220gr and up. I got a ‘tall’ front sight meant for the 45 Colt Blackhawk and had it put on mine. So far it allows me to stay on target with up to 250gr CP gas check cast bullets between 25 and 50yd. The sight height from the base to the top is .680”. The original BH sight measures .500” high.

sputster

Posts: 760 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Its boggling how many sight configurations Ruger has on its revolvers.
I found that .370 works good for my 4 5/8s .357 blackhawk with the heavy stuff. The original sight was missing when I traded for it so I'm not sure what the factory height was. Anyway I now have enough adjustment in the rear to shoot just about any bullet at any velocity and still be able to adjust it to zero.