THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    .38 special accuracy in a .357 revolver?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.38 special accuracy in a .357 revolver?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi everyone,
I just began to load .38 special (158gr lswc 3.8gr of 231) and found that these loads shoot better in my smith model 10 than in my ruger gp100 4".

Is the distance the .38 has to travel before it reaches the forcing cone in a .357 a problem? Is the rifling different in a .357 than a .38? If I use .357 brass with the same load data as the .38, can I expect a difference in performance and accuracy? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...
-George

One of Us
posted Hide Post
first its not suprising that the S&W shoots better than the ruger, but in general the 38's won't shoot as well in a 357 as they will in a 38 chamber. the other thing is that after you're done shooting 38's make sure you clean the chambers well. especially with cast lubed bullets, the will be an accumulation of gunk in the chamber that will make getting a 357 round in pretty difficult

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote