Find
Notify
Tools

Barry's Prefered Bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Juggernaut76
posted
In the neverending search for affordable plinking ammo, I came across some Barry's Prefered 200 gr HP bullets for my .45 ACP. Anyone have any experience with these? They look similar in construction to some Ranier bullets I've used in the past with good results.

Praise be to the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Posts: 427 | Location: Clarkston, MI | Registered: 06 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i've been using the plated bullets for a few moons now and have had no trouble at all. Cheap bullets that don't lead up the barrel. The even work great in a sub-gun

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
Yup! Very good for casual plinking. I have a Glock .40 S&W and it leads like crazy with cast bullets but works great with the Barry's. I bought a thousand from Cabella's at a real good price but I know they're available from other sources.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Berry's make a good bullet for plinking especially in Glock pistols where lead bulelts can cause problems. You can also order direct from Berry's at a decent price.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Unless you need the HP for some reason go with a plain RN. As I recall Berry's plates their bullets after the HP has been swaged in...and once plated it toughens the HP to the extent that it will not open. I have found many of their bullets on berms and in our water trap that look like they could be reloaded again.

I use several of their bullets in .38 Super, .41 Magnum, .44 Magnum and .500 S&W and they are extremely accurate and reliable performers.

.41 Magnum 50'

.38 Super 10 shots at 10 yards...

Bob

Posts: 601 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Juggernaut76
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RJM:
Unless you need the HP for some reason go with a plain RN. As I recall Berry's plates their bullets after the HP has been swaged in...and once plated it toughens the HP to the extent that it will not open.

This is true. The bullets are for plinking and IDPA (a sport where cheap bullets are a must for the middle class). Strangely enough, HP's and FP's seem to feed better than RN's in my Kimber Team Match II. I loaded some up the other day with 4.5gr of Bullseye (roughly 700 fps) and headed to the range. Ten shots flew into one ragged hole (about 1-1/2") at 25 yds. Needless to say I am very impressed. Thanks to all for your input.

Praise be to the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Posts: 427 | Location: Clarkston, MI | Registered: 06 February 2006Reply With Quote