New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kel Tec 22Mag. Pistol??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Had a call from good friend asking me where he could purchase such a pistol and did some checking around for him and find that they are almost impossible to find. Dealer friend of mine advised against them for apparently they do not feed that well, but current owner of one says his works fine and thinks very highly of it. The pistol is polymer construction and will take a 30 round magazine. Appreciate any feedback on this pistol.

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
The first production run had a glitch and Kel-Tec made a change to the barrel to fix it. Last I saw, CDNN had them wholesale. You'll need an FFL holder to order from them. They are popular and fly off the shelves as fast as Kel-Tec can make them. Like a lot of pistols, the 30 round capacity is technically factual but you'll probably settle for 27-28 or develop a Hulk thumb to get all 30 in.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tiggertate,
Thanks for the feedback, will check them out.

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
$299 at CDNN. I've heard of guys paying as much as $500 elsewhere.

Posts: 1144 | Location: utah | Registered: 07 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
I believe it was reviewed in the Blue Press...worked fine, accuracy left a lot to be desired.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe that this gun is similar to the Grendel. I had one, it worked fine, and was loud! The accuracy was so-so and left me wondering why I owned it. It was certainly not suitable for hunting, and the pistol barrel lost a lot of velocity. Certainly a fun gun to blast away, but that can get expensive IMHO!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I called CDNN two days ago and i was told they have none in stock and have over 1,000 people on the waiting list.

Posts: 119 | Location: Redmond, WA | Registered: 06 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look on gunbroker, gunsinternational, and guns america. Might cost a bit more. Or would you rather be on a waiting list of over 1000 individuals?

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some famous pistol shooter when asked why he liked and carried a 45 his response was "because they don't make a 46..." Well, that's me, old school, and one of these 22mags would not be my choice, but very good friend wants one and even offers to give me one if I can find two of them. If I can find one for him that will be fine with me. Have a very good "finder" on the hunt and perhaps he can come up with one??