30 year old Ruger Mk1

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sig, any model

Posts: 321 | Location: Tulsa, Ok. | Registered: 27 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No contest...CZ97b!!!!

Posts: 199 | Location: Harnett County NC | Registered: 23 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Glock 20, 10MM.
Sixteen rounds of 650+ fpe defeats any other hand fired arm for all purpose utility, when compared side by side- with all emotion removed.

And it has a fantastic 3.5# trigger [Smile]

[ 04-09-2003, 08:35: Message edited by: McUZI ]

Posts: 101 | Location: MD, CT, DE, ME, DC, sometimes NY, but never NJ | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With Quote
<Cobalt>
posted
Smith M52

one of us
posted Hide Post
I loved this one! I am looking for a .45 and looks like the kimber is best liked. I want a 1911 style, I was leaning towards the para for extended mag. What does anyone think of Rock Island? I have a 96f and a wyoming arms .45 but both are so-so. The wyoming is just a novelty. What is everyones oppinion of Rock Island Armory?

[ 04-23-2003, 16:29: Message edited by: kudu56 ]

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Desert Eagle or Remington manufactured Col1911A1 derF

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Derf! Ol Buddy! I would love to have that 1911, I will give you $150 US sight unseen! [Big Grin] [Wink]

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sig-220 38super,have carried one for ovr 30 years now and it beats any thing going

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kudu; They are $400Can for either one of them and you have to come to get them. But,I will buy you lunch. derF

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I might take you up on that, but what if you abduct me? How am I supposed to get it home? Hey that guy in the goodwill clothes looked like sasquatch!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Randy; It would be pretty hard for me to abduct you when you are armed.lol I was just noticeing that your member no. is one lower than mine and you have more posts! I'll have to work on that. derF

one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh man I won't be able to keep up, I don't get home until 5!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had a few pistols and have shot a few more. After a looong search for an all weather (t-shirts to winter coats) carry gun to go with my permit I own and absolutely love my:

-> Kimber Ultra CDP in .45 ACP (in an unique IWB holster) This is the initial version pre-firing pin block, excellent in every regard.

For IPSC or other full size, hi-cap applications I prefer my:

-> ParaOrdnance P14-45 Limited in stainless steel
-- w/lots of pre-ban mags, lots of firepower

Forgot just plain old fashioned plinking it's always my:
-> Ruger Mk II Government Competition Model SS Slab Side..very accurate and tons of fun.

With apologies to Glock lovers, I have never shot one I liked. But, if we all liked the same thing it sure would be a boring world.. [Wink] I always respect the right of folks to choose their own tools. My brother is a Glock fanatic, my lady friend totes a Glock 23 in .40 so you never know when one will show up in my modest collection.

Cheers,
XWind

[ 04-29-2003, 05:56: Message edited by: XWind ]

Posts: 203 | Location: North Georgia | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
CZ 75 in 40 S&W, 4.7 inch bbl ($385) Kadet 22 adapter slide ($275)... outscoring the 1911s...priceless.

If you don't like punching paper the 40 S&W 155 gr HPs are now rated #1 in 0ne shot stops...the closest 45 ACP was 4th.

Posts: 1111 | Location: Afton, VA | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1911A1.
I have had a Kimber Compact, SS, pre Series II, for about 2 years and it will likely be my main CCW for life. Flat, comfortable and powerful!
Got it at a great price after a guy shot it for a w/e.
Put 500 rnds through it w/o a hitch, then tweaked the trigger a bit.
Since then I've replaced the nylon MSH with a steel one, and likewise upgraded the extractor, firing pin and firing pin stop. These were not functional problems, just aesthetic.
And a 24# recoil spring, some Micarta slim grips, and 3M soft tape on the front and back straps.
Put that sucker in a slick and slim IWB by Lou Alessi and (almost) forget about it!
I shoot 230 gr Gold Dots at about 885 fps with no troubles to either of us.
If I use any quality mag EXCEPT Wilson-Rogers the thing feeds like a champ. I've had some strange FTF's with those W-R mags, though, and the follower wore itself down after about 20 uses to where it won't hold the slide lock up.
AND it disassembles itself when it hits the ground in speed reload. No thanks!

Posts: 2000 | Location: Beaverton OR | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
High Standard Supermatic Trophy. And instrument of precision in amongst all these cudgles. [Smile]

Posts: 723 | Location: Ny | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hi it's Alain from reunion island, i want to know if this tanfoglio is good for practice accurate shooting, and where can I find the manuel for it ?
Thanks for your attention
Alain
quote:
Originally posted by browningguy:
Tanfoglio Force 99, imported to the US as EAA Witness P. Polymer frame, ported barrel, 16+1 capacity, 9 mm, can carry it coked and locked, sloppy finish on the slide but the most accurate pistol I've owned out of the box. I used to be a 1911 only kind of guy, they shoot well after you work them over but I've had to do nothing at all to this one, all for $329.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Browning Hi Power got it in 1974 never been disapointed, easy to shoot, breaks down nice, easy to get ammo for.

short and fat and hard to get at, hit like a hammer and never been hit back.

Posts: 251 | Location: Just north of Salingrad. | Registered: 07 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
McUZI,

I'm with you, but in S&W1006. I like the stainless in the woods and its flat and tight to my side in an IWB holster. It and the .357 are the only reasonable carry guns made that meet the FBI requirements 100% of the time (too bad they were sissies to stop using it). Some will say that my 10rds is too few and that the 10mm is not as fast to shoot accurately. However, with over 650#'s energy you don't need to shoot as much. You can put 6500ft#'s + energy (10rds) into a 9" target much faster than you can put the same energy with a lesser round (16rds with a 400# cartridge, etc.). Wink

Deke.

Posts: 691 | Location: Somewhere in Idaho | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote