New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rohm RG62 revolver
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gentlmen, i need some help for an elderly gent, a retired Master Chief, who has an old Rohm model 62 revolver. He was having lead shaving problems and asked if I could look at it. I initially cocked it and noticed that the cylinder rotated rather hard, so diasembled it and cleaned it completely. I reasembled the revolver and again cocked the hammer and rotation was perfect. What i think happened is that the cylinder pin was not previously installed completely allowing the rear of the cylinder to move. Anyway the cylinder pin retaining pin nut was not the one that fits. I did by chanse find a nut that fit better but not perfect so I am looking for a new or complete retaining pin and nut for him. Can anyone direct me to where i can find one or anyone have one to sell.

Posts: 81 | Location: whidbey island | Registered: 15 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
IMO they are not worth fixing. all the ones I hace run arcoss have had problems.

Posts: 19572 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dog, i agree, but it means something to the gentleman i am trying to help. So any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Posts: 81 | Location: whidbey island | Registered: 15 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
Can you post pics of the wrong part?

Is the model 62 the 22lr that you use the base pin to extract the empties?

I picked up one of their 22lr revolvers at a police auction and I could get 2-3" groups at 25 yards, not bad for $15.

Lar45

White Label Lube Co.
www.lsstuff.com
Carnauba Red high speed cast bullet lube.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is my understanding that Rohm in German means "trot-line weight". Hope this helps,

Dutch

one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
Just looked on Gunbroker and there were 3 pages of Rohm pistols and parts. You might find what you are looking for there.

Lar45

White Label Lube Co.
www.lsstuff.com
Carnauba Red high speed cast bullet lube.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies and i do not have the firearm in my posetion anymore so pics are not available. I should have taken some when i had it. Anyway thank to all.