THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    Had a 8 and 10 year old out shooting today.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Had a 8 and 10 year old out shooting today.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A freind brought over his 8 and 10 year old boys.They both shot 22 pistol for the frist time.

After a few rounds on paper they each shot a clay pigeon both made frist and 2nd rounds hits missed the 3rd and made the 4th hit at 25 feet.

They were thrilled.

The ten year old want to try a shotgun so I had him shoot my 20ga BSS he blew a nice hole at 10 feet in the paper pistol target. Big smile on his face.

His dad and I were shooting some clays and he wanted to. So I set one on the back stop had him shoot it . I then told him you can tell every body the first clay pigeon you shot at you hit it. Big Grin

I then gave him a couple of pointers on flying targets he then shot 7 of 8 out of the air. The one he missed came off the thrower at a weird angle.

A very happy young man.

Posts: 19576 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
had my 8 yr old grandson out this week - shot a revolver for the 1st time - S&W 17 - after he got the hang of it the grin went from ear to ear

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Along the same lines, my 5 yo Grandson got his feet wet with my Ruger Charger/Red Dot a couple days ago and did real well and the best part is he LOVES it.

Stepchild

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is a very good thing to get the young ones out shooting.

No better way to stop them from becoming anti's

Posts: 19576 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2

Posts: 42341 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote