New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock sights
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Are the factory glock adjustable sights worth the extra $$ or are you better off getting a fixed sight model and going with an after market adjustable sight. It will be used for target, not carry.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I generally prefer adjustable sights on my pistols, except for carry. However, the fixed sights on my 21 and 17 have shot dead-on with my preferred loads - 115 gr FMJ in the 17 and 200 gr SWC's in the 21. I couldn't rationalize buying adjustable sights on my next Glock as I don't seem to need them.

Posts: 68 | Location: Dayton, OH USA | Registered: 05 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you can get the fit sights to shoot to point of aim with your carry load they are the way to go.

Posts: 19392 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of moki
posted Hide Post
I totally prefer adjustable sights and have the stock Glock adjustable sights on my Glock 20......

I just spent the day at the range shooting and sighting in my G20 and Colt Delta Elite 10mm's as well as my Ruger Super Redhawk in 454 Casull. I had some work done to all of the guns and the sights had been moved.

I kept adjusting the rear sights until the bullets hit exactly to point of aim @ 25 yards.

I also took my 2 s/s Ruger Bisley Vaquero's in 45 Colt that are non-adjustable sights. They shoot close to point of aim but it drives me nuts that I can't adjust them perfectly.

I carry handguns in remote wilderness areas for protection against wild animals and want to place my shots if I have to take them as accurately as I possibly can. I have never had an adjustable sight shift it's point of aim on me while out in the bush. I've never dropped or hit the guns against anything either.

So I have to say spend the extra cash and get the adjustable sights unless you plan on getting adjustable aftermarket sights after you purchase the gun. I'm looking at/thinking about the Meprolight adj tritium nights right now for my G20.

Posts: 451 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A shooting friend has a G17L with Millet adjustables fitted, they seem to work fine.
Don't know how they would go on a harder kicking cartridge though.
But they really are for target use, the front sight looks like a sail!

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
gluks don't need no sights, just throw the piece of plastic sh-- at the bad guys troll

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote