Find
Notify
Tools

Kahr PM9 trigger
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted
Ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. My Kahr PM9 is one of the best pistols I have carried for CCW. My only beef is the long and heavy trigger pull. I called Cylinder & Slide and their wait was about 6 months. Any suggestions?

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't worked on one but I found the trigger to be excellent compared to DA and DAO pistols. It's like a very good DA revolver.It should be fired just like a revolver - just apply continuous smmoth pressure .Better triggers would be HK LEM version and SIG DAK version .I don't know if Kahr can be modified like that.

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mete:
I haven't worked on one but I found the trigger to be excellent compared to DA and DAO pistols. It's like a very good DA revolver.It should be fired just like a revolver - just apply continuous smmoth pressure .Better triggers would be HK LEM version and SIG DAK version .I don't know if Kahr can be modified like that.

Thanks. You are probably correct, but I am used to the single action revolvers I shoot more than any of my other handguns. 3 lbs with no creep or pull. My CZ75 is heavier than the Kahr but I don't notice it as much. Perhaps due to the full size grip. A friend bought a PM45 and I found the trigger pull much better on it. Varies from pistol to pistol, I guess, but that is what made me think about having this one worked on. beer

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the MK9. The trigger is LOOOOOONG, but smooth, even. There's no "safety" on these guns. That's why the LOOOOOOOONG pull. The long pull is what's between you and the gun going off in your pants.

The gun is designed for CCW. It's not a "target" gun. If you need it for defense, you'll not notice the LOOOOOOOOONG pull. And it's long enough that you won't get anxiously pumped on adrenaline and have it go off by accident.

The "standard" for CCW shooting is rapid fire the mag into a 9" paper plate at about 7 paces. The center of the plate (flat part) runs about 7 inches. If you can get them in the "center" fast, that's all you need for defense.

My MK9 does that easily. Smooth surface trigger and smooth pull. Ayoob says you want to wrap your finger over the trigger at the crook in the first joint -- not finger tip.

You're not target shooting. It's fast fire, point shooting.