Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber Tactical Ultra II
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello,
Anyone have any experience with this Kimber? I'm looking to replace my Ultra CDP II that was stolen 2 weeks ago. The Tactical looks similar to the CDP and was wondering what the difference is. The cost of the Tactical is several hundred dollars cheaper than the CDP and want to know if its an inferior model in comparison.
Thanks.
Fordfreak

I'd rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6!!!!

Posts: 274 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: 04 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
If you haven't already done so, you may want to post this question over at www.thehighroad.com or at the 1911forum.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually, Fordfreak, I just picked up the Tactical in full-size a few weeks ago. I've had a full-size CDP for some time. The Tactical shoots almost exactly like the CDP with perhaps a slight bit heavier trigger pull out of the box. Both seem to prefer 230g loads better than 185s, not accuracy-wise, but in terms of feeding. I really like both of them....

MKane160

You can always make more money, you can never make more time...........LLYWD. Have you signed your donor card yet?

Posts: 488 | Location: TN | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback guys. I will check out the 1911 forum also.
MKane do you think there would be any difference in reliability with the compact compared to the full size model?
Fordfreak

I'd rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6!!!!

Posts: 274 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: 04 July 2003Reply With Quote