Picture of chuck375
posted
Any other 45 Super shooters out there?

Chuck

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4771 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
NIIICE!! I was interested in .45 Super several years ago but never bought the barrel kit. How's it handle?

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
It shoots great. Sub 1 1/2" groups from a rest at 25 yards (I'm sure the gun is better than that, error is me). No problem keeping everything in the black off hand at 25 yards. Recoil with 45 ACP is non existent, with 45 Supers handloads (230g Golden Sabre's at 1150 fps) about the same as a 45 ACP compact.

It's a little big, but it's my concealed carry weapon.

Regards,

Chuck

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4771 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used them in a S&W 4546 and 4586. Very impressive. Makes a nice carry when out hiking.

Sam, you don't need a barrel kit, as the cartridge size is the same as the ACP. You do have to make certain changes to absorb recoil, depending on the pistol.

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i have a colt gov't i converted to 45 super love the gun

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Posts: 1026 | Location: UPSTATE NY | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, Detonics Combatmaster, and, Kimber full sized.
Shot .451 Detonics 30 years ago, all the time, using a combat master Mark VI Detonics. It's what 45 ACP should be.