New
Find
Notify
Tools

Compact Pistol ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Who makes a good concealed carry pistol that is around 3" - 4" long? I am looking for something to carry in my pocket or boot maybe. Trying to find a .380 or a 32 auto. I was thinking about the Ruger LCP. Anyone had any doings with them?

Thanks
Ben

----------------------------

Posts: 124 | Location: Waukeenah, Fl | Registered: 22 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hate to say this because I love Rugers, but I personally prefer the Keltec 380 over the Ruger.

(When I was a kid my father used to tell me that God hated a coward, I finally realized he has even less use for a fool.)

Posts: 887 | Location: Northwest Az | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The new ruger 380 or the new Khar 380 both small both work well.

Posts: 19576 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take a look at Kahr. Thinner than most and can be had in 9mm, 40, or 45 cal.

http://www.kahr.com/

Posts: 291 | Location: Gettysburg, PA | Registered: 03 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
3" is mighty small - keltec, ruger or if you want to spend more you can work over an old colt mustang or buy a seecamp

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't know about 3-4" but how about a Sig (232)?
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Seecamp LWS

http://www.mouseguns.com/PocketAutoComparison.pdf

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wink thanks for the page that was just what I have been looking for! I have been printing all the pistols then trying to compare them to each other but the websites all use different sizes.. killpc

As far as the Seecamp goes I guess that some of you have had one before? Do you like them? Are they reliable?
Has anyone had a Kahr pistol? Do you like them? Are they reliable? Surely those 40's and 45's kick like a mule on steriods!!!!

Thanks for all yalls help!!
Ben

Posts: 124 | Location: Waukeenah, Fl | Registered: 22 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Seecamps are not imported into France and I have never seen one, in France or the USA. You just don't see them in gun stores. It seems they are hard to come by because it's a small company and their pistols are popular. It's a very unusual pistol, designed to be shot with just one manufacturers load. Here's an article written by someone who has shot them.

http://findarticles.com/p/arti...s_146_24/ai_61861510

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hands down I'll stack my Walther PPK against any 6" or shorter semi or revolver non optical sight

for 75 Yd. accuracy !. No it's not a Misprint 75 Yd.. I can hit a regulation 25 Yd rapid target

every single time not X ring but the black EVERY SINGLE TIME from a 2 7/8" barrel !.

As long as it's not real windy , most times they stay within 12" but the black is 19.75" .

I've had many a cop BEG me to sell that gem it's NOT for sale EVER !.

88-90 Grain round nose or Trunacated Cone .380 or 9mm Kurtz

Bullseye and Unique , WSP primers are what I use .

No bragging this pistol is an amazement of fit function and accuracy .

If I had to choose others it would be H&K or Sig .

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For ease of carry and near 100% reliability consider a S&W 5 shot revolver.

As a civilian, IF you have to shoot someone, it will most likely be at conversational distance, it just might be in a contact, hand to hand, grappling situation, IE the "bad guy" may already be "touching" you. Revolvers are much more reliable in CCQB incidents. [CCQB = Contact Close Quarter Battle].

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
seecamps are very good pieces, just kinda tough to find one normally about $400+

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Magnum Research is making a Micro Desert Eagle in .380.I haven't seen one but am told they are very nice. I was also told that they are very lite

Posts: 269 | Location: South East Florida | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought a lcp and liked it so much i bought a second one. This one is going to be fit with a crimsom trace lazer.

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got a Kahr PM9, a 360PD, and a Beretta lil gun. The Kahr has been flawless, after shooting about till my fingers couldn't load, with Silver Bear ball ammo.

Gun is accurate, doesn't recoil much, and the trigger is smoother and better then a glock.

MY 360PD is a good 5 ounces lighter, kicks like a mule, and gives me 5 shots of 147 grain HP at 1131 fps:

It's trigger is 10 pounds, down from 15, after Jack Huntington went through it.

With the hammer bobbed, it's not easy, nor safe at the range to try and shoot it SA. In DA, the trigger, and the ergometrics affect my ability to shoot it well.

I typed all this to get to the point that the 360PD is light enough to put in a pocket. The Kahr is too heavy, nearly 20 oz loaded. I can put my 360PD in sweatpants, and you don't notice it.
Can't get that little ruger here, Kali law, but, the revolver they are coming out with looks to be a real winner for a pocket gun.

Kahr is also supposed to come out with a 380 as well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lloyd Smale:
I bought a lcp and liked it so much i bought a second one. This one is going to be fit with a crimsom trace lazer.

Just got mine in Monday with the CT laser, LOVE IT!!! thumb

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love my LCP.....that being said, it is back at Ruger right now for the recall and being reworked......I never had a problem with it though. Customer service is unbeatable as usual.....they sent a prepaid box, and will provide all new parts plus a bonus new extended magazine for free......and promise return within 7 days.

I can't understand why the words subcompact and 75 yd accuracy are even in the same sentence. Confused I'm interested in reliability to shoot at 2 yds. or less with this gun.

On another note, my S&W 642 38+P would fit your requirements as well. Both are great for deep carry.....and the LCP can be carried in a tee shirt pocket during the summer.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just a thought but last week I saw a seecamp in a local gunstore here in town.
I don't know what the status is on it right at the moment, but if your interested I will certainly find out for you and get you his number so you can deal direct.

(When I was a kid my father used to tell me that God hated a coward, I finally realized he has even less use for a fool.)

Posts: 887 | Location: Northwest Az | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote