THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    SASS WILD BUNCH = Rock Island 1911 A1

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SASS WILD BUNCH = Rock Island 1911 A1
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted
Looks like I need a 1911 for Wild Bunch...has to be without all the usual bells and whistles...

http://dev.rockislandarmory.co....php/pistols/1911-gi

I have seen and handled one and it looks like it should fill the bill very reasonably for a pistol I will not shoot all that much.

Comments - experience....

Thanks

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Is it better than the Springfield Armory Parkerized GI Full Size?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
I do not believe it is better, and it may well not be. But it is considerably cheaper and available. Have had a time locating the Springfield GI with the distributor I deal with. If I could get the Springfield I would be willing to pay the difference.

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would not hesitate to get the Rock Island. I bought one of the tactical models in 9mm and it has never missed a beat. I bought the tac model only because it was the same price as the standard. I think it is every bit as good as the Springfield GI. I have paid big $$$ for high end 1911s and this one is fine for all my needs at less than $475, when I bought it.

Chuck1911 recommended it to me.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larrys:
I would not hesitate to get the Rock Island. I bought one of the tactical models in 9mm and it has never missed a beat. I bought the tac model only because it was the same price as the standard. I think it is every bit as good as the Springfield GI. I have paid big $$$ for high end 1911s and this one is fine for all my needs at less than $475, when I bought it.

Chuck1911 recommended it to me.

Thanks....

Theodore Roosevelt

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
I got my Rock Island and am more than pleased with it. Excellent fit and very good finish. Function is also just fine and so far have experienced no failures to feed or jams with both hard ball and my SWC hand loads. POI is POA. A simple no frills 1911 and I am really looking forward to more time spent shooting it. Lookout Wild Bunch.....

Theodore Roosevelt

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
BTT

Theodore Roosevelt

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Looks like the only thing different from the original is 8rds vs 7rds

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
After months of use, the only thing I have found is that mine doesn't like a particular brand of 9mm 1911 aftermarket mag, but that is not unusual for any 1911. I just stick to the check-mate mags I get from Brownells and all is great. I understand the 45s perform flawlessly.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chuck1911
posted Hide Post
Yours should too, with any mags Larry.

CW

Chuck Warner
Pistolsmith
/

Posts: 332 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 15 June 2009Reply With Quote