THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    Has anybody got a pet load for 180 gr XTP in 357 mag

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anybody got a pet load for 180 gr XTP in 357 mag
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bob from down under
posted
I was wondering what loads people were using with the 180 gr Hornady XTP in 4" and 6" barrels.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Bob.

Posts: 480 | Location: Australia | Registered: 15 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bob, see this:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...741002881#9741002881
14.5 grs 2400. Stiff load but in my 686 it is just fine.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bob from down under
posted Hide Post
Peter,
Thank you that is the info I was after. I Ended up with a no return option on 500 180gr XTPs which I got delivered when I made a mistake ordering 500 150gr XTPs.
The only hand gun powders I have are 2400, Blue dot and AP70N.

Regards,
Bob.

Posts: 480 | Location: Australia | Registered: 15 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PaulS
posted Hide Post
Peter,
can you tell me if that load was from a manual?

I checked several of mine and the highest listed load I can find is 13.5 grains of 2400 with a 180 grain bullet in a 357 Magnum but these are all cup and core bullets too.

just interested in finding a new source or maybe what pressure it was loaded to.

Speer, Sierra, Lyman, Hornady, Hodgdon have reliable reloading data. You won't find it on so and so's web page.

Posts: 639 | Location: SE WA.  | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul, sorry I only just saw your post. I honestly can't remember! The only manual I own is a Lyman dating back to the '70s, but I did do an on line search. I will go back and check.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul, just saw this:
http://www.alliantpowder.com/r...ellid=28&bulletid=39
it is for a 170 grain bullet.
Peter.