New
Find
Notify
Tools

minnesota pistol owners alert
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just noticed on the form you must fill out for yur carry/buy permit. on page 2 where you sign the release form for the dept of human services to release your info to the cops. these 2 sentences have found their way in. "I understand that those who receive my records under this release may share it with others. I also understand that once the information is shared with others, it is no longer protected by this authorization."
Sort of violates several laws at once, so I showed to firearms protection advocate david gross, who showed it joe olson - law prof. They are currently drafting a technical letter to hand deliver to the head of the dept of human svcs., the attny general, and the governor. The I sent it to jason lewis show - not lets see how long it'll take to change

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gabriel
posted Hide Post
The most important reason why i left MN was, that even the regulations were regulated. Can't sneeze anymore without a permit.

Survival of the fittest? That's just natural selection.

Posts: 117 | Location: ND/United States | Registered: 14 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 300H&H
posted Hide Post
Butch,
I just went in to renew mine today. I changed my address, but still in Duluth, they're making me go to the DMV to have it changed on my license before they'll give it to me.

I wonder who the "others" are?? It's kind of disconcerting how info. gets out and around... I buy cigarettes from the gas station and I get cigarette orientated junk email... sorry for the bad example but how the hell do they know this stuff?!! and this is info. I don't actually hand over to someone.

Posts: 672 | Location: St. Paul MN | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
update - i went over this issue with david gross, who in turn wrote a factual letter and handed to joe olson, who hand carried it to the governor, head of public safety and atty general. It is in the process of being changed, but in the meantime david suggest that you go back on the web and pull out a copy of the previous form and use it. The whole thing came from rick stanek when we was head of public safety before they caught on to him and fired him.

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update Butch. My wife is active Army and I am ex-Air Force. We will be retiring back in MN. I am building a log house near Itasca State Park. I will be back in MN in April and am wanting to get my CCW. I am looking for info on what is needed and where they may possibly be having classes/costs involved. Any help is appreciated.
Also...do you have a shop in Faribault?
You can PM me at: im_planecrazy at yahoo dot com if you prefer.
Thanks,
Keith

Posts: 153 | Location: God's country Northern Minnesota | Registered: 29 March 2001Reply With Quote