1911/357sig
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone make a 1911 n 357sig?

One of Us
Picture of Chuck1911
posted Hide Post
Generally a gunsmith only project. I haven't seen any factory offering yet. They can be made to work, just not easy.

CW

Chuck Warner
Pistolsmith
/

Posts: 332 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 15 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dont need one that bad, just an idea. Who really needs one anyway if you have a 10mm?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Colt made the Combat Elite years ago in 40S&W. Always thought it would be neat to get a 357Sig barrel!
A guy at work took a Hi-Power 40S&W and got an extra barrel done up in 357Sig.

I wish Springfield would come out w/the XDM in 357!

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck1911:
Generally a gunsmith only project. I haven't seen any factory offering yet. They can be made to work, just not easy.

CW

All you need is to find a COlt Delta10mm & buy a 357sig bbl for it. Mine is from Barsto, very accurate & being 5", you can really get a 115grJHP screaming. A great jackrabbit gun.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chuck1911
posted Hide Post
I am biased. 9x23 gets me an extra round.
I am glad yours worked out well. most don't with the stubby rounds. Smiler

9X23/.38 Super / 9mm

Chuck Warner
Pistolsmith
/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
10mm OAL is much more than 45ACP much less 40SW/357Sig, though I guess the 10mm would be up to the higher pressures involved.

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chuck, I like the high capacity 9x21, 9x23 or 38 Supers. Who makes these in a carry gun? My Kimber Pro Carry II in 38 Super is not a high cap.and my EAA race gun in 9x21 is not really a carry gun!
Thanks, Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chuck1911
posted Hide Post
I've done a few.I carried a Para in 9x23 for 10 years.Done a few Caspians in .45.

I have been playing with a Caspian in .357 SIG design for a while as well. Smiler

CW

Chuck Warner
Pistolsmith
/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chuck,

ever built any 9x25 Dillons? That always looked like a kick-ass route to drive, if one were a 9mm fan.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chuck1911
posted Hide Post
I did. Just two. I saw Rob Leathams at the nationals, so I had to build one. LOUD in a comp gun. Too much trouble for my personal tastes though. The extra 200fps wasn't worth it for me with the loss of capacity.

CW

Chuck Warner
Pistolsmith
/

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RVL III:
10mm OAL is much more than 45ACP much less 40SW/357Sig, though I guess the 10mm would be up to the higher pressures involved.

Actually, it's not, they are almsot identical. The 10mm was designed to run in a 45acp size gun, so 1.260" max is about it.
quote:
I am glad yours worked out well. most don't with the stubby rounds.

Any feeding issues can usually be resolved by loading the 357sig a bit longer, easily done in the 1911.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote