Find
Notify
Tools

Glock Warranty work !!!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted
I recently was made aware of some updates that Glock had made to their Model 19's and did a little research into what it was all about.

I have a Gen 2 model 19 that my wife loves to shoot and it was a model that I bought a year or so after it came out used but only very little used with 3 Glock mags for something around $225 back then. It hasn't seen a lot of shooting only the average amount.

I decided to send it back to Glock and see what would happen. I was expecting a few changes on some of the internals for the frame and a safety check. The FedX guy just rang the doorbell and had a package for me from GI in Smyrna GA.

When I opened it up there was the familiar black box and opening that up was the packing list. It read:

INSPECTED
REPLACED FRAME
MEETS FACTORY SPECS
TESTED OK.

I thought that's interesting but what does this thing about replace frame mean?

When I picked up the gun it had a whole new frame and internals in the Gen 3 model. A completely brand new "lower" I guess you'd say. I then thought well just the frame is new but the internals are the older ones. Not so

I did notice that now the serial numbers are no longer a match but for a Gen 3 complete frame and internals for the price of sending the shooter back to Glock, I'm very very pleased.

Great work Glock and thanks.

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't get a Glock, you won't have to worry about this stuff, lol.

The things you see when you don't have a gun.
NRA Endowment Life Member
Proud father of an active duty
Submariner... Go NAVY!

Posts: 436 | Location: Lynchburg, Home of Texas Independence | Registered: 28 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tembo
posted Hide Post
I have also had very positive experience with Glock's Service Dep't. The trigger on my G20 had a very mushy feeling. When it came back, it was as slick as glass. I have since installed a 3.5# connector, and now it has the best trigger out of any of my handguns, my Freedom Arms 83 included. They definately stand behind their guns. tu2

Posts: 2596 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Once upon a time, many years ago I was at a handgun/shotgun school in Georgia. I was shooting Glock 17's, as they were my duty gun [by the rules} at the time.

I stopped off at the Glock facility in Georgia on the way back home.

At that time Glock was updating all the internal parts on the 17'as and they offered to do mine while I waited.

I said yes, but only IF I can shoot 50 rounds through each gun before I leave. {anytine you change anything in a gun you should test fire, IMHO].

They agreed and took my 2 Glocks to the "back".

In a few minutes the gunsmith came out, looking kinda pale,, and asked me howmany rounds I had fired through those guns. I asked why, and he staited, your barrels are worn out, worn way out...

I did a little figuring and said, about 67 thousand rounds per gun... BOOM flame

He said WHAT??? shocker

And I said, yes 67 thousand...

He said OK clap then it makes sense...

Long story short they replaced everything, including the barrels, let me shoot my 50 rounds and I managed to get 2 of their orange "range" magazines.

So I consider Their service first rate.

Later they came to my Dept and again replace all the internalls, and later totally replaced our guns with new ones.

I am a confirmed 1911 45 ACP kind of guy,I have seen several go well over 100,000 rounds [with small parts and barrels replaced of course] but I can say a Glock 17, is one of the most reliable, most longest lasting, guns a fella can get.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The only glock models that seem to have much problems are the 357 sig models. Some are known to crack their frames.

Posts: 19576 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The 40 cals have cracked the recoil block as well, not the "plastic" frame.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glock should be good at it...they have history of recalls for some part or another! Eeker

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote