Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

amt 1911 45acp
 Login/Join

posted
i have an opportunity to buy an AMT 45acp in 1911 style.this is a standard model,not the hardballer.does anyone have information as to the reliability and accuracy of the handgun.limited shooting was a clip full that functioned well,thanks mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have shot several AMT hand guns haven't been impress with any of them. I would not buy one if it was me unless the price was really cheap like 50 bucks. Then just to play with it.

I have seen lots of them fall apart parts breakage ect.

Posts: 19576 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KLN357
posted Hide Post
I hate to make disparaging comments about gun manufacturers, unless it's just junk and then I have no problem at all. What I can tell you is that after handgunning and paying close attention to various guns on the market for about 28 years now. AMT has had more than their fair share of quality control issues. And, with pistols other than the Hardballer. Not to say that you might not come across a pistol that defies this, but the odds are not on your side.

For a really good deal on a very well set up 1911 from the box, the Taurus is hard to overlook. I have heard about a few problems, but with early production pistols, that's not uncommon for most of them. Moral to the story? Unless you're buying SIG, H&K and a few others, it's always better to wait about a year of production before you rush out and buy that new pistol design that rocked your world in a gun magazine. Sometimes, the best of brands can have early issues. Wink

"No one told you when to run; you missed the starting gun."

Posts: 483 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
there is a very large problem with the amt 45's. it takes a bit of looking, but you will find that the barrel lug is pressed into a sleeve, that is then pressed onto the barrel. My last one came apart there.

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote