Find
Notify
Tools

.40 practice ammo
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BowHammer
posted
Could anyone recommend some good and moderately priced ball ammo in .40 cal?

Is the American Eagle stuff any good?

Thanks.

Posts: 1238 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 19 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you don't reload, try Georgia Arms. Their stuff is pretty good.
Also, the Winchester White Box from WalMart in boxes of 100 is pretty good also. The price is right as well!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KLN357
posted Hide Post
Bowhammer: If you are forced to order online pay shipping. Sellior & Bellot is very good. http://www.natchezss.com usually has good prices. Fiocchi is another brand that's a good bargain and they have a few JHP loads as well. Wink

"No one told you when to run; you missed the starting gun."

Posts: 483 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I can't say that I have compared all the available ammo in .40 but I can say that the Fiocchi brass reloads well and many times. I have found it to be stronger and last longer than the S&B brass.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote