New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W 625 FM Clips
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just bought a S&W 625 .45 ACP revolver. It came with full moon clips. Loading ammo in and taking the empty casings out of these clips is tough! I understand that there are tools made for loading and un-loading the full mone clips. I would like to know what ones to check out adn what ones to avoid buying. If you have some suggestions please advise.

Posts: 259 | Location: up state New York USA | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.moonclips.com/

I purchased one of their Full Moon Clip Stripper Tools and I've been happy with it. I didn't get one of the more expensive unloading tools that they carry as I don't shoot my 625 that often. A high volume shooter would probably want one of their Demooner tools. I haven't tried any of their loading tools so I can't comment on that.

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the information. I would still like to hear more from those of you who use revolvers with the full moon clips and the tools to load and un-load them.

Posts: 259 | Location: up state New York USA | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I always just rolled the old out with my fingers and put the new back the same way. Of course, I only shot maybe a hundred rounds a session. Do you need any more clips ?? I have ten, or so, full moon, and the gun is long gone.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Maybe because my clips are new they are so hard to load and un-load. How much do you want for the clips that you have? Please advise.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, it's open mouth, insert foot time. I can't find them and I believe they may have been tossed out with the bath water. Sorry for the mistake !!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I/ve got the little tool, but don't really use it much. easier by hand, but what you might want to try is getting some half moon clips instead of the full ones. They are much easier to load and unload.

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post
http://www.starlinebrass.com/ Use 45 auto rim brass from starline. 500-$63 no moon clips. But if you need quick reloads, then the clips are a must have.

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Get the Demooner tool and forget the problem once and for all. Nothing like the little cuts and nicks with powder covered fingers you can get doing it by hand, especially when it's cold outside. By the way, I noticed that the stainless steel full moon clips are a lot less user friendly than the regular blued steel versions. The half moon clips will bend out of shape with heavy use.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info guys!

<cobra44>
posted
Check out Dillon Precision at http://www.bluepress.com they have a a tool that loads or unloads moon clips for 10mm or 45 ACP in under 3 seconds. if you have the latest catalog the item is on page 52, the picture is a girl with a S X S shotgun at her side. April 2006

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a "super demooner" and one of those tube based demooning tools -- the tube based one works MUCH better, and is about as fast -- doesn't stress the moonclip as much either.

I also have a moonclip loading tool, which works quite well.

The best thing to get are polymer RIMZ moonclips for practice -- wouldn't use them for defense/contests, but they are very easy to reload/strip for use at the range.

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can get clips and 45 Auto Rim brass from Midway.

Posts: 388 | Location: NW Oregon | Registered: 13 November 2005Reply With Quote