THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    Browning Buckmark Target 7.2" barrel

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning Buckmark Target 7.2" barrel
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Local group who shoot at my range recently started shooting 22 pistols and decided might as well join in as well. What to buy, what to buy, well went with the subject pistol and could not be more pleased. Make no claim to being skilled with handgun but find this pistol very easy to shoot and to date has not malfunctioned but of course it is not supposed to fail, good to go. Have used common ammo to top quality match grade and seems to shoot them all very well. Disassembly is simple for cleaning as needed, trigger pull seemed heavier than expected when new, but with time seems to be excellent now. Probably because I am more accustomed to it now than at first?? There is a trick involving reversing the trigger spring which will nearly cut the pull in half yet be safe and durable. Have not done that, but might in future just to experiment with it. If considering a 22 pistol would encourage you to check them out for excellent pistol for the money. Lots of variations in order to please almost anyone's taste. Just a suggestion.

Posts: 1050 | Location: S.Charleston, WV | Registered: 18 June 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Instructor: This one?

http://www.browning.com/produc...k-contour-urx-7.html

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16628 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes sir, that is the very one. Mtd. one of those "cheapy" red dot type sights on it and has a circle/crosshair option and from rest w/ good ammo pretty much one ragged hole at 25ys for 10 shots. Initially could not do that due to stout trigger pull, but now very crisp. Will do that hammer spring flip job on it in near future but can't imagine it would be much better?? Fine pistol for the dollars spent.

Posts: 1050 | Location: S.Charleston, WV | Registered: 18 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, did the spring flip trick and can tell you if you have one of these pistols do it. Trigger is super light, yet crisp and the job is very easy to do. Simply punch out the obvious pin that holds the spring in place, remove spring, rotate opposite of where the spring legs were originally, replace and put pin back in and you are done. Even a cave man cold do it, I did.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Instructor:
Well, did the spring flip trick and can tell you if you have one of these pistols do it. Trigger is super light, yet crisp and the job is very easy to do. Simply punch out the obvious pin that holds the spring in place, remove spring, rotate opposite of where the spring legs were originally, replace and put pin back in and you are done. Even a cave man could do it, I did.

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
NOT a thing against Rugers, I had three different versions , but the Buckmark just fit me better.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4257 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote