New
Find
Notify
Tools

New 1911s
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am off to shoot my new gen 2 colt Delta elite. I tell you guys love at first site. My minister of finance and fun will be joining this meeting of the war council with her new 1911-380 pro with trigicon night sights. That is the only site a "fighting" pistol should have.

Posts: 12125 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have fun

Posts: 19586 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good stuff!

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was a great time. Shooting was at 12 yards. The delta shot the sig load that is cornoed at a true 1250 GPS 180 grain load flawlessly. Ejection was in yards. The brass is in solid shape. It did shoot a little low. I will be honest and say it will not win any bullseye matches, bit a pig at 25 yards is more than dead.

The 1911-380 is almost to small. It did not function well with the 55 grain apex load. That little load does not have enough recoil to cycle the slide with its barely large enough ejection port. It was very off hand accurate in my and my wife's hand. We center punched clay pegions at 12 yards off hand. Win PDX and federal ball functioned with no issues and gave good ejection.

Can't wait tell next week.

Posts: 12125 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote