Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

XD Pistol
 Login/Join

posted
What does everybody think of it? Does it function good?Jamming? Accurate?

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
1st off - I hate plastic pistols, but do have a XD which fit, shoots, and functions well.

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of C. A. Plater
posted Hide Post
I've got 2, a 5" 9mm and the new .45ACP. They function flawlessly with everything I've fed. Not as accurate as my 1911's but as good as any Glock I've seen. The 9 is a fun sport pistol and I'm adding adjustable sights. The .45 will get a set of XS night sights for sitting on my nightstand.

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -- Thomas Jefferson
http://tcbunch.com

Posts: 181 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama | Registered: 21 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gentleman Jack
posted Hide Post
The .45 is a blast. I shot the 5'' version with a group spanning about 3-4 inches @ 35+- yards. Very heavy weapon and probably not one I would choose for conceal carry. I would like to see it in 3'' version though.

"There are creatures here that cannot even be found in books, and I have killed them all......"

Posts: 273 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 20 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I have an XD 40 and it has proven it's self to be a reliable pistol! Very accurate. It is my IDPA pistol!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My XD-357 (4") is a gem. .357SIG ammo is a little expensive and it is difficult to reload properly--but not impossible. I have shot lots of factory ammo and reloads and am well pleased.

The gun is remarkably unfussy what you feed it.

Geo.

Posts: 305 | Location: Indian Territory | Registered: 21 April 2003Reply With Quote