Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger SR9C
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted
Anyone have any experience with this little Ruger?
From what I have read it seems like it wold be a fine small carry pistol.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
never even saw one yet, but strange as it may seem one very overlooked little 9 (or 40 or 45) is the star firestar. they are fairly cheap & with a tiny bit of work become quite accurate and reliable.

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Bought an SR9 when they first were introduced for a house gun. Mounted a Streamlight TLR-1,sent it in for the trigger replacement which went off with super efficiency. Makes a perfect house gun except it has the lousiest trigger I have ever experienced. Being a glutton for punishment I bought an SR9C when it was first introduced. It has an equally poor trigger and the slide/barrel is too short to mount a lihght without it protruding way too far. I like the ability to use the high capacity magazines with the neat adapter. They feel good. Reliability is excellant and accuracy far above my ability and I'm fairly good.I bought the 2 because they were striker fired and for no other real reason hoping for a pull equal to my Kahr MK9. No such luck but am not unhappy with the purchases just a slight disappointment in the pulls.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Green Valley, AZ? wave One of my best friends lives there. I will not mention a name here other than to say that he writes for the Dillon Blue Press. If you know him, send me a PM.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote