New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 26
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The glock 26 seems to be a possible good conceal carry pistol. The grip seems too short for me. Does the 12 round magazine help with the length of the grip? What is the general impression of the 26?

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Glock 26 is an excellent choice for a CC pistol. Have you tried the aftermarket grip extension that go on the mags. Work very good, tough to put on, a 3 hand job. I also have the Glock 19 15 round mags that work fine as a finger extension. As for the 12 round mags I am not much help. Good luck.

Posts: 411 | Location: Smack, in the middle of Oklahoma | Registered: 18 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought it in a pawn shop, and got just the pistol and nothing else. No box or instructions so I have to round all that up myself. It is a thumb buster to load. I will try the 15 round mag and see.
The 26 just fit in my waist band or under my belt like it made to go there. It spoke to me and I walked out with it Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
The grip will only be too short if you're ham-handed. Although the Sherer extensions help. Having a long magazine hanging out the bottom of the grip seems to me to defeat the intended purpose of this baby Glock.

Here's my G33. Your 9mm doesn't recoil anywhere near this 357SIG.

BTW, the DeSantis B6 is a nice IWB holster for the G26, 27, 33. I would NEVER stick any Glock in my waistband without holster. That's just an AD waiting to happen!

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave, I shot it today, and it was not a problem. Functioned perfectly. I will get a holster for it. I am most pleased. It was not hard to handle at all. I am going to get the 12 round mag just to get the extra two shots. I do need to get a instruction book.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
get hold of lone wolf they sell a ton of glock stuff and will sell you mags and install the extensions , not all glock mag parts are interchangable, a wrong bottomplate will pop off the mags and most parts have numbers on them and they have to be matched correctly. any new mag will be ok but used stuff you have to know for sure what you have

If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tuff.

Posts: 399 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 01 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I ordered two 12 round Glock magazines today from midway. They will offer enough extension for me. The extra two shots is really what I want.
For CC this beats the various .380's at least for me.

One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
I had a Glock 26 a while ago and found it to be one of the most accurate pocket pistols after searching and buying many others in that quest for the perfect pocket pistol. Most of the others I tried had big time accuracy challenges and I wanted a shooter that you could hit stuff with. I did buy a +2 magazine extender and had the perfect setup that I carried in a ankle holster with a CC license when traveling in those dark zones.

I also had a Glock 19 and still do. I found it to be a great value and a wonderful shooter. Mine is one of the 2nd generation models. One day I was experimenting with my ankle holster when, no surprise, the 19 fit just as well as the 26 in the holster and the added weight was more than offset by the better accuracy. The 26 was sold for ............?? another shooter????. Anyway I came away from that exercise thinking that for the added barrel length, magazine capacity, and a little added weight it was worth the switch from the 26 to the 19.

Since then there has been some wonderful 380's come out that are really into the mouse gun stage that seem to shoot ok out to about 15 yards and are extremely light. The Ruger and the Kel tec are two for consideration.

Anyway if you can experiment with a 19 in place of your 26 and see if it works for you. Good luck.

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn, I looked at a Glock 19 Saturday, and now I have a conflict! This will get out of hand Confused

one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
Glock 26 is excellent, but he glock 27 is just that much better. Wink

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2597 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikethebear:
Damn, I looked at a Glock 19 Saturday, and now I have a conflict! This will get out of hand Confused

I found that I didn't miss the 26 but a better solution might be........buy both!!!!!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I got the 12 round magazines, and the extra extension was long enough to just fit my hand. Still want the 19 killpc

One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikethebear:
I got the 12 round magazines, and the extra extension was long enough to just fit my hand. Still want the 19 killpc

I understand your situation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 19 just seems to be the right combo of size weight and accuracy for a 9mmm. I do have my eyeball on the new Glock Gen 4 when they bring it out on the model 19. The only one offered in the current catalog is the 17.

That said the industry seems to be coming out with a plethora of .380's that are selling like crazy for CC. That seems to be creating a niche in the marketplace for a super compact 9mm. I saw a Bersa catalog that had a new slim line model for the 9mm in it and Bersa has my respect after owning a couple of their shooters.

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Leave the G26 alone. It is fine the way it is with the 10 round magazine. Long magazines mean less concealment. It will shoot just as accurately without long mags.

I cashed in the G27 as it is just a lot slower to recover from recoil. In a close quarters fight I'd rather be throwing more lead than just more muzzle energy.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19359 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
And a manual is not needed. There are a ton of cleaning videos on youtube.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19359 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just got done reading, "Why I love my Glock 17..." in the December edition of Dillon's Blue Press by Duane Thomas.

The picture caption says, "I'm coming up on 20,000 rounds through my G17. I think I've cleaned it once and it still works flawlessly."

He goes on to say, "...the G17 is considerably easier to shoot fast and well than the G19, and almost as easy to conceal. I truly can't imagine a situation where I could conceal a G19 where I couldn't do the same thing with a G17."

If you don't get the Blue Press monthly, it can be read cover to cover on Dillon's website. Although the December issue is not posted there yet.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
quote:
I truly can't imagine a situation where I could conceal a G19 where I couldn't do the same thing with a G17."

The one situation that comes to mind is the 19 will still fit into an ankle holster while I'm not sure that the 17 would be a workable fit in that application with it's weight and length. I wouldn't want to wear a 17 in my ankle holster.

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TEANCUM:
quote:
I truly can't imagine a situation where I could conceal a G19 where I couldn't do the same thing with a G17."

The one situation that comes to mind is the 19 will still fit into an ankle holster while I'm not sure that the 17 would be a workable fit in that application with it's weight and length. I wouldn't want to wear a 17 in my ankle holster.

A G19 won't either for 95% of the men walking around. Since the butt of the gun is the hardest to conceal, the G26 gets the nod easily, then a G19, a G17 is quite a large gun to conceal on most short of wearing a baggy coat. The finger extension on the mag helps w/ larger hands, but smaller hands can still get a good grip on a stock mag. The G19 is a better pick than iether for general carry IWB or OWB, but the G26 is a bit better when going tuckable or light shirt. As always, JMO.
BTW, not buying that DT has only cleaned his G17 once in 200K, I've seen Glocks balk on far less round counts between cleaning.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fredj338:
quote:
Originally posted by TEANCUM:
quote:

A G19 won't either for 95% of the men walking around. Since the butt of the gun is the hardest to conceal, the G26 gets the nod easily, then a G19, a G17 is quite a large gun to conceal on most short of wearing a baggy coat. The finger extension on the mag helps w/ larger hands, but smaller hands can still get a good grip on a stock mag. The G19 is a better pick than iether for general carry IWB or OWB, but the G26 is a bit better when going tuckable or light shirt. As always, JMO.
BTW, not buying that DT has only cleaned his G17 once in 200K, I've seen Glocks balk on far less round counts between cleaning.

My 19 fits great in my Uncle Mike's ankle holster and the butt of the gun is not even close to being a problem. The fit feels great when walking and is hardly noticeable to the wearer.

You ought to look into those Uncle Mike's ankle holsters!!!!!