New
Find
Notify
Tools

357 mag ww super brass
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Was reloading this AM and ran into some WW Super brass once fired. Ran it through the Dillon 550 and it would not fit into the case gauge and too wide at the mouth. Other brass went through the process with no hitch. Have others run into this with the WW Super brass when reloading. Yes, nickle brass.

Am throwing it all out as it looks. Thankfully do not have much of it. Thanks for the help.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Did you crimp these cases? Did you check the OAL before crimping? I suspect that the cases may have been a bit longer perhaps than your other cases, and, as you are not taper crimping, may be bulging the case at the end.
Just off the top of my head, Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Peter, yes crimping in the fourth slot on the Dillon 550 w/dillon carbide die. Did not check OAL before crimp but did measure all cases before beginning the loading session as I had sized and primed the cases earlier. Found it strange and did measure after they failed the gage test and they were marginally out of spec at the mouth of the case.

Appreciate the input.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote