Find
Notify
Tools

Friendly Reminder to Stay Safe
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's a premium bullet, I thought they were supposed to hold together ...Yes it only takes one instant to get into trouble with any kind of machine.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I read an instance similar to this on the Kel-Tec Owner's Group forum. A guy was practicing dry firing his P3-AT in the kitchen. He had a target taped on the oven door. Guess what? Somehow a loaded round found its way into the chamber and he shot the stove!!! Luckily, the wife and kids were not hurt.

And then the ass makes it into a big joke; like the wife needed a new oven anyway, and she didn't threaten to divorce me, so I got away cheap. Some guys just never learn.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
well i know one thing morphine is your friend it was my drug of choice in hospitals kinda wakes you up seeing pics like these i hope the best to you and i'm sure you won't do that again

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Posts: 1026 | Location: UPSTATE NY | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 475Guy1
posted Hide Post
Jeez, that's one lucky mf that he can recover from that wound. A few rch's either way and it could have hit the big artery and he could've bled out by the time emt's reached him. I've known quite a few guys who've shot themselves in the leg or in their ass while practicing a quickdraw with a loaded weapon and it was 50/50 as to who would lose a leg or just die.

Used to be 475Guy add about 2000 more posts

Posts: 245 | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TBEAR99:
well i know one thing morphine is your friend it was my drug of choice in hospitals kinda wakes you up seeing pics like these i hope the best to you and i'm sure you won't do that again

It wasnt me that did this.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
sory bulldog i realized after i posted i guess i should of edited that part

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Posts: 1026 | Location: UPSTATE NY | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have on three occasions in my life been handed hand guns that the "hadi" assured me it was "unloaded" and when as is my 100% of the time practice instantly checked the firearm to insure this as true, found them indeed "Loaded".

I have also had this happen once with a rifle. You must aso be 100% dilligent when getting back "loaned out" weapons, although I no longer loan out any of my firearms except to two people I trust compleatly. I once allowed a friend to shoot my .338wm while at the range. He wanted to see if he could tollerate the recoil before he bought a rifle in that caliber. Im sure he felt sure he was doing me a favor when he placed my M700 back in its hard sided case. But as is my policy as soon as i bcame awere of this i instantly opened it up and checked the rifle, over his increasingly load protests of do you think Im an idiot that i would place a loaded rifle back i its case? well low and behold there was still one round left in the detachable mag. He was at a loss for how it could have happened.

As a matter of proper firearm handeling safety I have always handed back any firearm to anyone with the action open or in a otherwise impossable to discharge state where you could visually inspect the chamber to see it was empty, cylider out, slide locked open, bolt open, action broke open, ets