Find
Notify
Tools

Bersa Thunder 9
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted
Comments on the pistol from any of you that have one. Reliability, function, accuracy. Can it be carried "cocked and locked," so to speak?
Thanks

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
how good are you at throwing rocks?? moon

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Nuff said.....heard from a few others as well....going to consider a CZ 2075 RAMI P or an H&K P7

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
A friend had the .380. It won't cycle with out the mag inserted. It comes with one mag. Not thinking (loss of situational awareness) he put the mag in after cleaning and shot his wife's cedar chest. Shot ok, but I wouldn't buy one unless it's all I could find or afford.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
billinthewild

My thoughts...

If you are going to go to the trouble to carry a handgun, then carry a quality handgun that WORKS.

Here is a hint. Carry a name brand gun.

Test it [as all guns are a man made item] and be sure it works with the ammo you are carrying.

My personal favorite is a 1911 Light Weight Commander in 45 ACP.

If you want to carry a 9mm then the H&K P7 is a good choice.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gunz
posted Hide Post
From what I have read about bersa, the 380 is drop dead relaible, the 9mm gets better or worese reviews depending on where you look. I just acquired a .380 adn I am so inpressed with it's accuracy and reliability I am going to use it as my CCW. Seems to be a great little gun. I sghot about 100 rounds thru it yesterday all total, and it never failed and I am gettign really good groups. I am impressed with bersa.

Most people are link slinkies, Basically useless but fun to push down the stairs.

Posts: 265 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
I wish you the best with it. May Argentine pals tell me that for the money they are fine, but just don't overwork it.

Theodore Roosevelt

One of Us
Picture of gunz
posted Hide Post
i feel pretty good about it, My brother in law has owned his for soem time now. Probally well over 5000 rounds thru it, he treats it like a beater un, Hardly ever cleans it and shoots teh heck out of it. Still never fails, and still pretty accurate.

Most people are link slinkies, Basically useless but fun to push down the stairs.

Posts: 265 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Metalsmith
posted Hide Post
They're okay for what you pay. I've had the 9mm version come once into my old shop with a cracked slide right under the ejection port. Everyone who has bought one has seemed pretty happy with them. They function correctly for the most part, are reasonably accurate but than again most carry guns aren't bullseye guns either. I'd rate them decent at best. Kind of like a Taurus with the overpushed ballpoint pen trigger.
Personally, as a bit of a gun snob, I wouldn't own one and just as rather build a personal one than screw around with that. Get a CZ compact, or a RAMI. Judging from your pictures, it seems you're not necessarily hurting enough to have to resort to carrying a pistol as such. As a carry gun heaven forbid you have to use it you'll have a peace of mind that the gun you're carrying works. Doubtful yes but you never know. I just got back from driving through Compton so I'm a touch leery now! sofa

"Molotov Cocktails don't leave fingerprints"
-Dr. Ski

Posts: 579 | Location: Astoria, Oregon | Registered: 24 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sam308
posted Hide Post
My Dad has one. Thinks it's just wonderful, but The Old Man is a notorious tight-ass. I think what he likes most is the price. I have run a couple of magazines through it and found it to be servicable. My go to 9mm is a Sig 226, so in comparing the 2 I would say that they have no comparable features. Don't want to come off as a snob but the Bersa is a $350 pistol it may be a good gun for the money, but that's all it is.

Posts: 344 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one and it's been good with Win. white box 9mm ammo. Out shot my 9mm 92sf and my .40 CZ PO1.
My boss got one in .45 after shooting with me. Only paid $279 for it so it's got to have something wrong with it, it may brake tomorrow. The CZ has been lots of trouble with jams and stove pipe problems. The Bersa just keeps working. Who would have thought.

Posts: 2668 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
I have a Bersa 380 and am very pleased in all aspects with it from running about 500 rounds through it. Functioning was without any FTF and FTE, accuracy was better than expected, and it went bang every time I pulled the trigger.

The 9's are a different model and I've heard that there is an occasional problem with them. I have no personal knowledge on that model just what's in the wind.

They, Bersa, do have a new polymer 9mm and 40S&W coming out next year called the BP9CC, and the BP40CC. It's supposed to be pattered somewhat after the Sig 250. Weighs in around 21 oz and is a single stack in both calibers. I've got my eyeball on that 40 model.

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote