THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM PISTOL SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Pistol Shooting    question about 357 maximum ammo

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

question about 357 maximum ammo
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have the chance to buy some Remington 357 maximum ammo. it is factory 158gr hp ammo. what is it worth per box? I don't need it, but may help a guy out and buy it.

I think it is 20rds per box

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are some that would tell you somewhere around $30/box. It is pretty rare nowadays, and runs of Max brass are pretty few and far between.

For my money, he can keep it. Those rounds and the 125s were notorious for flame-cutting the topstraps on the Ruger Blackhawks. That is precisely why Ruger quit offering them.

With a 180 or 200-grain projectile it is a totally different firearm.

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
I remember that issue but didn't the cutting stop a few thousandths deep? Most of what I read said it was a cosmetic issue rater than a true safety problem.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11141 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote