Find
Notify
Tools

CCI Blazer ammo ?????
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted
I have a couple of boxes in 9mm 124 gr. FMJ.
The cases are made of aluminium (sp?).

What you think about them ??
L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
American spelling -aluminum, British spelling - aluminium, Italian spelling - aluminio Smiler The Blazers are OK but of course you can't reload the cases.Good ,fairly inexpensive practice rounds.

One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
We shoot a LOT of .40 S&W Blazer ammo for requalification. Accuracy is good, reliabillity is good, cost is excellent. There's little or no flash suppressant on the powder, so low light shooting has a bright muzzle signature compared to most real defensive ammo and as noted it's not reloadable.

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Thanks gentlemen !! thumb
L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
I hate them. No one around the ranges I haunt is cheap enough to pick them up off the ground, so after a while you are walking on aluminum Blazer gravel. Brass brings enough per pound that someone always finds time to pick them up. Big Grin

Oh, you mean for shooting...well they always seem to go bang and put a hole in the target. That's pretty much the point, as it's cheap practice FMJ ammo. I've never had a problem with any of it. Blast away!

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
CCI now makes Blazer Brass ammo that is loaded into fully reloadable, boxer primed BRASS cases. Don't confuse this ammo with the regular Aluminum cased berdan primed Blazer. I have a couple thousand rounds of the Blazer Brass ammo on hand in .45 ACP, and it is good stuff. Wal-Mart by me still carries it for $9.95 @ box of 50. A good buy on good ammo. Bill T.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gabriel
posted Hide Post
I can shoot shit with my Glock 22, but whenever I use the CCI Blazer Brass, it jams. The aluminum cases work fine though.

Survival of the fittest? That's just natural selection.

Posts: 117 | Location: ND/United States | Registered: 14 December 2006Reply With Quote