New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffalo Bore vs the Colt Delta
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
There is a lot of theory about the weakness of the Colt Delta not having a ramped barrel for full support of the case head.

I have always been in the minority that said if you need full case head support a ramped auto barrel is not given it to you need a revolver. I have also not seen a ramp actually contact the cartridge head. If you have, I am not calling you a liter.

Yesterday, I put 100 rounds of buffalo bore 1350 FPS rounds through my 2016 Delta. I am convinced in the double recoil spring. A 27 pound single recoil spring may work just as well.

Great to report no case bulges, blown or pierced primers, split cases, eradicate ejections, or overwhelming recoil.

Cases are in my reloading stack.

Now, I have not seen any of the reloading manuals show recipes that produce velocities in the 1350 range that every demands. That the double tap and those loaders give with 180 grains. So, I will not chase that velocity with handloads, but if theses companies are loading SAAMI,obviously they are otherwise Ammo would have to be marked plus p, the Delta can handle them.

Posts: 12125 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote