Find
Notify
Tools

semi-auto rimfire pistols
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted
What's your favorite semi-auto rimfire pistol? I plan to buy one soon, and honestly don't know much of anything about them. Need something reliable....

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3109 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ruger and Browning are the best choices. Ruger has the choice of two different style grips and makes stainless steel models too.

one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mete:
Ruger and Browning are the best choices. Ruger has the choice of two different style grips and makes stainless steel models too.

yep,,,,,

Unless you want a higher end target type then they can get pricey... S&W model 41

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2597 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have long touted, and continue to tout, the S&W 22. It can be easily fitted with a red dot, should you choose to do so. Has fully adjustable sights and is very accurate. See my previous posts for a target.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
just make sure that it has adjustable sights and a decent trigger. my favorite is the old s&w 41, followed by the old high standard HD military. both are going to be pricey today

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Browning Buckmark!
...and Browning make a neat little rifle that uses the same mags and the controls are the same too!

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
The Colt Woodsman is the most naturally aiming firearm I have ever had the good luck of firing.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
Right now my favorite is my GSG 1911 in 22 lr.

Steve E............

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1837 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Depends entirely on what you need to do with it....but, being an "old-school" kind of guy...If I didn't already have 2 of them...I'd look around for a good condition High-Standard target pistol.

Posts: 953 | Location: Florida | Registered: 17 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have owned a few over the years. The one that remains is a S&W M41. It is a fine piece.

Posts: 1577 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Happy with my Ruger 22-45

Posts: 1625 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you want the toughest longest lasting go with the ruger I had one with 30 or 40 thousand rounds through it may be more besides cleaning it have not done a thing to it.

My son has it now.

It is a tougher pistol then my buck mark, hi standard or the woodsman I own.

Posts: 19576 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The S&W Model 41 is my most favorite.

For the money the Ruger is a good choice.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Cole1
posted Hide Post
My absolute favorite right now is the GSG 1911 22.

"War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which ismore important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." - John Stuart Mill

one of us
posted Hide Post
Browning Buckmark

Posts: 1144 | Location: utah | Registered: 07 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of acsteele
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve E.:
Right now my favorite is my GSG 1911 in 22 lr.

Steve E............

Have to agree....I have one, that we shoot with a suppressor, the 1911 feel is great. My wife has put thousands of rounds through it, it's her absolute favorite.

Posts: 609 | Location: South-central KS | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote