Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weird conceal carry problem
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, I am a paraplegic which in my case means I am in a wheelchair. I have a saddlebag kind of thing that is attached to the chair but I can't get the gun out quick enough. I am wondering if there is anyone that has a solution. My carry gun right now is a Ruger SR9. It's hard to find SR9 holsters anyway but I want something that I can carry on me if possible. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks, Mike

Posts: 13 | Location: Redmond Oregon | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
well i happen to be in a wheel chair right now have you thought of attaching a holster backwards to side of wheelchair where you can draw buy simplr rotating out of holster and not visible to the normal's

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Posts: 1026 | Location: UPSTATE NY | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I find the easest to draw when seating is a off side shoulder holster or maybe a cross draw on the belt. I carry my secondary gun in a shoulder holster. and find it a lot easier to draw from that then drawing my duty weapon when seating in the crusier.

Posts: 19576 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
When seated, a cross draw is definitely easiest for me.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
Wilderness Tactical makes the Safepacker, a carry pouch for your handgun that doesn't look like a holster, but offers a very fast draw. It also has attachment points so you can probably work out a way to carry it on your wheelchair.

Safepacker

hth

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DrWatson69
posted Hide Post
olcoach10, this off the subject but there is a safety recall on the ruger sr9. just google rugersr9recall.

Posts: 66 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
There are several fanny packs that incorporate a holster. I would think you could wear it in front on your lap & access is right there. It would also be handy for wallet, cell phone, etc. As long as you can wear a light jacket, a shoulder holster makes alot of sense.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote