New
Find
Notify
Tools

browning HP
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What would you look for if you were going to buy a BHP? would you look around and find a good older version? Or would you buy a new Practical BHP? I held a new stainless frame/black slide practical yesterday and kind of fell in love...but the week before I held an older model BHP and loved that one too! Can't spoil myself to the point of having both...

Dave

one of us
posted Hide Post
Older model ? At one point they changed the material and manufacture . I don't remember if there were changes before the 40 but now the frame is investment cast ,the 9mm is ok with +P loads and of course the 40 works well too.There have been many models with detail differences , pick one to suit your use. After 70 years I think it's proven to be a good gun ! Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
..and exactly what is wrong with having one of each???

Bob

Posts: 601 | Location: NH, USA | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
To be honest I'd go for the MKIII (newer) model. They feed everything roght out of the box, don't have to polish the hump out of the feed ramp or anything else. My latest one was a used but excellent .40 cal. Practical model, hard chromed frame with blued slide. I've also got a couple of regular MKIII's in .40, a Competition model in 9mm, and a WWII Inglis model.

Browningguy
Houston, TX
We Band of 45-70ers

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i understand you problem completely, that why my 9mm is the pratical and the 40 is the conventional stir

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I picked up a Belgium Hi-Power at a gun show a couple of years ago at a reasonable price. I recently sent it to Ted Yost for his "SRP Package". I'm really happy with the results - turn around time was ~8 months.

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote